• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

Andy19

School Boy/Girl Captain
Honestly I would feel very dirty if Australia won a match because of unfair ball change but poms have No shame.

Regardless Australia was best team in the last WTC cycle winning the title. and we are off to good start in this cycle getting away series draw.

loterry1994

International Debutant
We’ll see how the poms go in Australia. we gave you guys a good series. We better not get another 4-5 nil series over here with boycott and Vaughn complaining after about Englands style

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Of course Congratulations England but WTC final and retain the ashes was more important for Australian.

I give England full credit then Umpires stop changing the ball for them every 30 overs.

I feel England deserved 2-2 for last 3 matches however it should happened in more fair way.

Not decided by poor Umpires but that’s cricket
Don't believe any serious Australian cricket fan thinks this.

Steve Smith face tells me winning the series was the most important thing for him.

If your greatest batsman since the Don has that reaction.

Surely the order for any serious fan was

Win Ashes series
Retain Ashes
Who gives a **** about WTC
Win WTC

CartyDurham

International Captain
We’ll see how the poms go in Australia. we gave you guys a good series. We better not get another 4-5 nil series over here with boycott and Vaughn complaining after about Englands style
It should be closer but an Australia win

it’s just how things are , very rare away wins when teams play in Australia, England or India

loterry1994

International Debutant

Steve Smith face tells me winning the series was the most important thing for him.

Win Ashes series
Retain Ashes
Win WTC
i agree with you right now the wtc doesn’t have nearly as much importance or stature compared to winning away in England, Australia, India etc. it’s no where close to the level of a t20 or odi World Cup as well

loterry1994

International Debutant
It should be closer but an Australia win

it’s just how things are , very rare away wins when teams play in Australia, England or India
if you guys don’t have bowlers with some pace I’d say it’s a little chance still of England winning over there. You need guys like tongue, archer, wood not guys like Robinson bowling his 125km in Aussie pitches

Andy19

School Boy/Girl Captain

Win Ashes series
Retain Ashes
Win WTC
I'm not serious because I rather Australia win something they have never won before!. Over the ashes which they have won countless times and still holds bad take by you mate.

I can't speak for every Australian only myself and my own order.

ODI World cups
T20 World cups
WTC championships
Ashes
Don't care ..

I value Rather World Cups and Championships over series we have won countless times doesn't make me any less serious at all.

Of course away series test wins are very special but still Take winning WTC over the Ashes. because that’s two years of work not just 6 weeks worth.

WTC 2 Years> Ashes 6 weeks...

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Honestly I would feel very dirty if Australia won a match because of unfair ball change but poms have No shame.

Regardless Australia was best team in the last WTC cycle winning the title. and we are off to good start in this cycle getting away series draw.
Where's the tequila? Because there's a lot of salt and some very sour lemon in these posts.

You've retained the Ashes (despite being outplayed in the series) - be gracious in that. Pat was gracious. Be like Pat.

Last edited:

Jake the Peg

Cricket Spectator
If we’re talking shame you have to remember that the umpires changed the ball not England. It was, however the Aussies that resorted to sandpaper.

Andy19

School Boy/Girl Captain
Where the tequila? Because there's a lot of salt and some very sour lemon in these posts.

You've retained the Ashes (despite being outplayed in series) - be gracious in that. Pat was gracious. Be like Pat.
In my opinion I'm not being non Gracious or satly just sharing my opinions on the series.

I'm very Happy with the tour from Australia and I think Australia was the best team in this series.

But I will say Tell it as I see it regardless of which team wins.

If Don't agree make a case for England how about that.

Saying lyon was injured and ball changes are simply telling facts mate.

Last edited:

Andy19

School Boy/Girl Captain
definitely not the odi one you watch how blokes celebrate winning that World Cup compared to a wtc
WTC takes two years to win which is lot of hard work, meaning a team have to be great for long time. while the ashes or Worlds cups teams only have to peak for a few weeks.

WTC only had two cycles so going to take while before gets to its prime. doesn't mean it's worse than the others only that it's new thing.

For me the Tournament/ cycle which takes more work and got to good for longer-term is the best which is WTC.

Australian compete the full set of championships ODI T20 and Now WTC is very special more than the ashes IMO.

Last edited: