• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

Silver Silva

International Debutant
It's Zak Crawley for MOTS guys ..
Fits all the criteria

●Played all 5 matches
●Highest run scorer for England ,
Averaged higher than Khawaja who was the highest run scorer in the series .
●Highest score of the Series
●Biggest success story of the Bazball philosophy
●Probably the best slip catcher in the series
●The first ball 4 off Starc one of the most iconic moments of the Ashes , general play was entertaining.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
I understand they had options and I do rate Robinson, but Woakes at home has figures that would make him the literal greatest all-rounder of all time. I don't think the selectors have ever really internalised that. Maybe it's hard to put how bad he is outside England out of your mind. But for home tests, when he's fit, he should be the second name on the team sheet after Root.
I don't disagree.

Just the talk was more Broad/Wood for Edgbaston was all.

So don't think Chris was even in consideration. Guess he's done a bit of the Broad and proved people wrong.

He's now England's opening bowler for the rest of his career in England unless injury stops him you'd imagine.

The beard to be feared taking wickets is proving some others wrong too.