• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

loterry1994

International Debutant
Usman ? Woakes has smashed it in the tests he played but Australia have retained the Ashes and Usman played a big role in that.
nah woakes has been a big part since his come in Eng should be 3-2 up. Uzzy had a few average tests since the first

Owzat

U19 Captain
I wouldn’t take the new ball for another 10 overs if I’m England
they can't take it twice, if it is going to make a difference, and I suspect they'll quickly resort to short stuff if it gets hit or doesn't take a wicket - or both. may as well weigh up the amount of time left and runs, it will speed off the bat quicker so save it until getting desperate even if by then it may expedite a loss.

I'd give it another 10 overs if I were them, won't become any less available. A shift from previous time I looked when Broad and Anderson had bowled most it is now Woakes and Ali, need to use your main wicket takers/threats and less players on how many hundreds they have taken in the past

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's not quite as clear cut as that though.

Most didn't have him in their side for Edgbaston. His 2019 ashes was poor and he'd barely played in 2 years.

I wanted him in for Lord's mind, as his record spoke for itself there.

Robinson was the inform man and Woakes replacement in the side really. He just didn't perform despite somehow averaging 28.

Obviously Jimmy hasn't too. But he averaged 19 last year and 16 in NZ so was never not going to play.
I understand they had options and I do rate Robinson, but Woakes at home has figures that would make him the literal greatest all-rounder of all time. I don't think the selectors have ever really internalised that. Maybe it's hard to put how bad he is outside England out of your mind. But for home tests, when he's fit, he should be the second name on the team sheet after Root.

loterry1994

International Debutant
they can't take it twice, if it is going to make a difference, and I suspect they'll quickly resort to short stuff if it gets hit or doesn't take a wicket - or both. may as well weigh up the amount of time left and runs, it will speed off the bat quicker so save it until getting desperate even if by then it may expedite a loss.

I'd give it another 10 overs if I were them, won't become any less available. A shift from previous time I looked when Broad and Anderson had bowled most it is now Woakes and Ali, need to use your main wicket takers/threats and less players on how many hundreds they have taken in the past
nah ali has looked dangerous I’d stick with him

loterry1994

International Debutant
I understand they had options and I do rate Robinson, but Woakes at home has figures that would make him the literal greatest all-rounder of all time. I don't think the selectors have ever really internalised that. Maybe it's hard to put how bad he is outside England out of your mind. But for home tests, when he's fit, he should be the second name on the team sheet after Root.
england actually lucky Robinson went down cause they were sure as hell going to pick Wood and Anderson over woakes

Coronis

International Coach
Well im off to bed… crossing fingers and toes for another Cummins miracle. Or rain.

Edit: Literally as Im about to hit close…