• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

mackembhoy

International Debutant
England inexplicably leaving Woakes out of the first two tests is looking like the most decisive moment of the series.
It's not quite as clear cut as that though.

Most didn't have him in their side for Edgbaston. His 2019 ashes was poor and he'd barely played in 2 years.

I wanted him in for Lord's mind, as his record spoke for itself there.

Robinson was the inform man and Woakes replacement in the side really. He just didn't perform despite somehow averaging 28.

Obviously Jimmy hasn't too. But he averaged 19 last year and 16 in NZ so was never not going to play.

Owzat

U19 Captain
itold You the weather wouldn’t matter were guaranteed a result still
I dunno, England can make heavy weather of taking the last few wickets, take another soon and the aussies shut up shop or simply don't have any momentum left to crawl over the line

I suppose regardless of views on the various aspects of the series including last Test drowning out with a whimper the result of the series should be relatively fair and deserved. England might have won any of the Tests they lost, might have won but for the weather, but ultimately it's a five Test series and the result is going to be the right one 99 times out of 100 - luck doesn't play that big a part over such a series, unless you get like 4 Tests drawn due to monsoons and someone happens to nick the other!

loterry1994

International Debutant
The collapse doesn’t surprise anyone they’ve done it all series. There hasn’t been one innings I thought Aus did crazy well and had like 2-3 big scorers

Owzat

U19 Captain
build chris woakes a statue
I think someone did of Anderson and then the aussies put it out in the field! 1/120 in the match, England picking someone more up to it or more in form and this series would probably have ended with an England win

Ali's hardly had a great series with ball, currently averaging SIXTY (!), but Anderson is nearer 100 than 60, nice ER is all well and good but you need to take 20 wickets (sometimes less) to win a match and England are 1-2 bowlers down each match effectively!