• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Because it's Total unfair to batting team who worked hard to wear the ball out.

can't give teams new balls in 37 over that the hell happned where its wrong.
Unfair umpiring is not in the spirit of cricket I guess you're right. But it doesn't mean England are cheating on this occasion.
Broad said "That's all you'll be remembered for" and "This is the worst thing I've ever seen on a cricket field".
Deja vu

Molehill

International Captain
Just back from walking the dog, soaked through!! Looks like about 90 mins of rain before it stops.

I wouldn't be surprised if they start again at 5pm and will have 3 hours of playing time. is that enough for either team to force a result?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just back from walking the dog, soaked through!! Looks like about 90 mins of rain before it stops.

I wouldn't be surprised if they start again at 5pm and will have 3 hours of playing time. is that enough for either team to force a result?
It is, but a draw the most likely you’d think.
Is 8pm the absolute cut off?

Andy19

School Boy/Girl Captain
Unfair umpiring is not in the spirit of cricket I guess you're right. But it doesn't mean England are cheating on this occasion.

Deja vu
Of course England not cheating but could have turned down the ball that of spirit of game.

In my opinion Stokes should have turned the ball down Straight away and ask the umpire for older ball.

Molehill

International Captain
It is, but a draw the most likely you’d think.
Is 8pm the absolute cut off?
By my reckoning, they were due to play till 6.30pm anyway to make up for yesterday. You can then add an extra hour for toay's rain, plus the obligatory half hour we always have. It could probably go on after 8pm to get the 15 overs in last hour in too.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah it's not looking nearly as bad as it did an hour ago now, much of it is being driven to the south.