• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah we asked for it about 56 times but I don't think we actually did when it happened.
Yeah I think all the prior inquiries and the fact that it only narrowly passed the tests at the time made the umpires think it was worth looking at again once Khawaja headbutted it.

And tbf I think it's one of the only good reasons to change the ball. If it gets hit out of shape or the shiny side takes a battering on the gutter of the boundary then I think bowlers should suck it up for getting smashed, but if you scone someone you shouldn't be bowling with a ruined ball for your efforts.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I think all the prior inquiries and the fact that it only narrowly passed the tests at the time made the umpires think it was worth looking at again once Khawaja headbutted it.

And tbf I think it's one of the only good reasons to change the ball. If it gets hit out of shape or the shiny side takes a battering on the gutter of the boundary then I think bowlers should suck it up for getting smashed, but if you scone someone you shouldn't be bowling with a ruined ball for your efforts.
Yeah I don’t care that the ball got changed. But if that’s a 30 over ball England should buy a lottery ticket.

Shri

Mr. Glass
are there regulations about how kits should be made re material etc for tests? i wonder if polyester vs cotton vs other materials have an effect on shining

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why hasn't Stokes given Wood the new ball more often? Man doesn't know his own players

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
It Aus chase 384 against an extra new ball it would be an incredible feat and they really deserve to be #1. This seems just a little unfair.