• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

Coronis

International Coach
Ok just got home and checked the score. Completely improbable but wouldn’t it just be hilarious for Warner to hit the winning runs off Broad/Anderson to win the series?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah I disagree. Batsmen getting angry at beamers always seemed like a weird convention in cricket to me. With the exception of Brett Lee and Daren Powell I've never suspected someone did it on purpose in an international match.

"You accidentally bowled a crap ball so I'm cross with you" just makes you a prick, IMHO.
Bro unless someone has bowled a 145-150 kph ball at your head on the full when you're not expecting it I don't think you can really understand how it would affect you tbf

It's life threatening and evolutionary to be emotionally roused by it

OverratedSanity

Nah I disagree. Batsmen getting angry at beamers always seemed like a weird convention in cricket to me. With the exception of Brett Lee and Daren Powell I've never suspected someone did it on purpose in an international match.

"You accidentally bowled a crap ball so I'm cross with you" just makes you a prick, IMHO.
It's not a crap ball, dimwit, its a ball that can take your head off and it's almost impossible to pick the trajectory in flight. No one's getting mad at a 120 kph half tracker smh. It's reckless endangerment.

Uppercut

I mean it could literally kill him. It’s like getting angry with a driver who makes a massive mistake and almost knocks you down.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Still think we’re favourites myself, a big partnership always skews perception in these chases.

Another 50 from these two and I’ll start worrying.
I don't know, looking much like those Tests last year where we chased comfortably. Things are just different now.

Silver Silva

International Debutant

Its not so much about it being a crap ball , it's more a case of it can potentially injure you and you can't prepare for it , cause it's an illegal delivery..

mackembhoy

International Debutant
England luck at home is never ending...

England should lost at home to India but got saved by rain and Covid India had all momentum.

^Lost it in between 3rd and 4th tests due to long delay

England should have lost 2019 series but got saved by Lyon missed stumping, a bad umpire and their captain.

England should have lost this series already but got saved by Lyon injury, Australia keeping Warner and coin Tosses/Australia choking.

^Also India as well helping them out in WTC final as well not to mention Captain a being bowler.
Change that to you bottled trying to win a series you were on top on because of your players wanted to play in the IPL instead.

A drawn series at the end of the day on the record books.

Spark

Global Moderator
Maybe we're finally starting to see the effects of putting so many overs in the English bowlers' legs? But still early doors in this chase, I've seen plenty of better positions than this bottled by chasing sides