• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

Owzat

U19 Captain
Who is responsible for picking a so innocuous Andersonover Tongue or Robinson.This could backfire As Australia have 2 days to get runs.I suspect Stokes has picked his mate and that should not happen
well Andyson has 700+ wickets and the best way to make sure noone has a chance of overtaking him, not that I think any current players selected will, is to pick him as long as possible so noone else can take a wicket

Only BOLAND in the series has taken a wicket and them cost more, three players have bowled five overs between them for no wicket, but Ali is only a smidge ahead of Anderson having taken one wicket more and bowled 30 overs less, before start of play this is although noone can 'overtake' Boland

Interesting that Marsh is averaging over 50 with the ball this series, but taken key wickets - Crawley twice in 1st Test after he had started well (33 and 44), then Duckett likewise (in terms of score, 41) 1st innings here

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Warner scoring a century would be fitting since it was Khawaja that started the Ashes defence off with a great performance in the first test , Warner sealing it in the last .

Owzat

U19 Captain
Geez England trying to change the ball after 7 overs. This has gotten beyond ridiculous now
oh good grief, ball doing nothing so fielding side want to change it shock revelation.........

I guess the aussies would just change the condition of the ball rather than ask for a replacement ;) :D

Silver Line

U19 Debutant
Good comeback by broad, brought his economy down heaps. I take it back, He should be alright for another 2 years reckon actually. Cant wait to see him remind rahane and pujji who daddy is again when he goes down there next year

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Was the timing of Broad's decision appropriate?

He's basically made this test all about himself when England desperately need to win to level the series ..Such an emotional decision halfway through the test could potentially affect team performance in a negative way ..

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, we past the first test at least. Doesn't look like too much is doing out there. But a lot of chases start off promising enough before going to **** after a couple of wickets fall. Wake me up when Australia are 2/250 or whatever.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Was the timing of Broad's decision appropriate?

He's basically made this test all about himself when England desperately need to win to level the series ..Such an emotional decision halfway through the test could potentially affect team performance in a negative way ..
At least he didn't make the whole series about him