• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

91Jmay

International Coach
Also honestly I would consider this way more against the spirit of the game than things like Mankading. If we want to assume such a thing as spirit of the game exists.
Yeah for sure. Mankading is playing cricket, that is delaying playing cricket to remove the chance of you having to play cricket should you take a wicket.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Jimmy gotta stop acting like there’s more batting to come and slog it no point defending it here trying to survive till tommorow

hazsa19

International Regular
Also honestly I would consider this way more against the spirit of the game than things like Mankading. If we want to assume such a thing as spirit of the game exists.

but again, this isn’t an Australia thing to be clear, every single team does it. So it has to be looked at.
Nah wouldn’t wish a mankad on anyone. Proper low life tactic

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We’re 100 over the record chase for this ground tbf. I don’t pay too much heed to such things as they’re often devoid of context, so I would like a few more don’t get me wrong.
Yeah I mean if this was last session day four I’d agree with you and tbf I’ve not seen any play aside from a five minute highlight package, but if you can hit through the line and go at 5s all day it sort of says to me the deck is in decent shape and England doesn’t have a front line spinner, though Root of course has had a golden arm this series. Different if he had to bowl them to a win I guess.

Aus still long odds but it out of it

Spark

Global Moderator
Overheads a bigger deal than the pitch. There's a little turn but not a huge amount, and it's very placid for seamers. What you expect on Day 3 ofc

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

but again, this isn’t an Australia thing to be clear, every single team does it. So it has to be looked at.
Agree with this, regardless of who does it. Umpires need to step in and simply tell them to play.