• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

Gob

International Coach
What ever the target that get set, which is likely to be 350 plus, I'd like to see Australia having a decent dart at it

Not Bazball but not tentative **** they've been playing either

loterry1994

International Debutant
Don’t know what to think about starcs series his gotten heaps of wickets in clumps but there’s been a lot of sessions where his been smashed and hasn’t done much with the new ball many sessions also.

Owzat

U19 Captain
was honestly always a road. The tail scored 80
Odd putting a bit of pressure. Our top 4 were scared as hell to bat out there and asking to come off due to light
second time England were clueless how to bowl the lower order, took just one wicket when the aussies needed 72 to win with 3 wickets in hand and
this time around 185/7 becomes 295 all out, 110 runs for last 3 wickets otherwise England would be cruising to a win and maybe even 3-1 win

took Root to get Cummins out, I suppose at least with a spinner you won't get much short stuff

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don’t know what to think about starcs series his gotten heaps of wickets in clumps but there’s been a lot of sessions where his been smashed and hasn’t done much with the new ball many sessions also.
He's definitely struggled at times with the new ball but I don't think he's been smashed that much outside of it. And as you say he's taken plenty of wickets this series. I reckon he's done really well, the best of our bowlers.

Skipper Pup

U19 Cricketer
Yep. That one was compared to the 00s ATG side. This current one is far more mediocre.
2019 one wasn't but 2021 side is not that far off. Usman and improved Head were missing

Still should have won though
What, the only squad change is Carey and Khawaja in for Paine and Wade?

Paine (C), Wade, Harris.

You guys realise how much better Usman, Carey and Head are, surely..?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not sure Carey is that big an upgrade, tbh.

Give you the other two though.

EDIT: I'd actually say Paine is a better captain than Paddy too.

Qlder

International Debutant
Going to love it when Stokes declares in 3 hours time, the Stokes arrogance will inspire Aus to a 5 wkt victory 😀

Howe_zat

Audio File
He's definitely struggled at times with the new ball but I don't think he's been smashed that much outside of it. And as you say he's taken plenty of wickets this series. I reckon he's done really well, the best of our bowlers.
Starc has always had an overpitching habit even when in a good run. So given what you want from him is strike bowling at the cost of a few boundaries I don't even think he's been all that expensive in the new money. He's taken the most wickets of any bowler to face this England side and isn't even in the top 10 most expensive (>150 balls bowled).

1690633448845.png

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Starc has often been characterised, especially while out of the side, as a strike bowler who will go for runs but force wickets. A lot of the time the reality has been a bit worse than that, but this series he’s been exactly what he’s supposed to be.

91Jmay

International Coach
Think with Starc the perception he leaks runs is almost a visual one, his worst balls look horrific because of the slingy action

Spark

Global Moderator
Starc is a remarkably bad fielder on the boundary. Dropped Stokes just before lunch on the last day at Lord's too.

Qlder

International Debutant
Harris hasn't played a game this series, "both squads" is misleading as hell.
As I said earlier Paine and Wade replaced by Carey and Khawaja is only difference. Other poster mentioned Harris so I said he was in both squads