• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

loterry1994

International Debutant
Wilson and dharmasena been poor as hell since they’ve come in. The amount of times the captains and batters have won the challenge since have been crazy

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
I must admit I never thought I'd ever see a situation where Crawley and Stokes are batting together and I want to see Crawley take most of the strike.

Owzat

U19 Captain
Duckett now has more runs than Smith, Head and Labuschagne this series
and despite regular demands he be dropped, Bairstow open and the F word come in, Crawley is lead runscorer and could establish a healthy lead over Khawaja if he carries on much longer (already 50+)

Gob

International Coach
Unless something remarkable happens next session from Australia, I can see a repeat of day 2 OT from here

Shady Slim

International Coach
i obviously don't remotely like crawley nor that he of Good Stock was persisted with and given a million chances other players may have not (i refer all comment on the above to @Chubb who explains it a lot better), but he has been brilliant this series and probably deserves to take out MOTS

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Man does the sky influence the pitch conditions. Just look like a total road now.

Need a miracle in the second session. Or for rain to come out of nowhere :p

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I must admit I never thought I'd ever see a situation where Crawley and Stokes are batting together and I want to see Crawley take most of the strike.
He's very easy on the eye once he's in, isn't he?

Mind you, so was Daren Ganga, so it's no guarantee of long term success.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Man does the sky influence the pitch conditions. Just look like a total road now.

was honestly always a road. The tail scored 80
Odd putting a bit of pressure. Our top 4 were scared as hell to bat out there and asking to come off due to light

Howe_zat

Audio File
Starc's 20 wickets in the series is the most by an bowler in any test series while going for more than 4.5 runs per over. Second on that list is Abrar Ahmed's 17 wickets in the winter, and 3rd is Josh Hazlewood in this same series.

Looking at the most wickets taken by bowlers in a series who had an economy of 5+ has the top two also against this England side. Second is Wagner's 11 wickets at 5.68rpo and first is Zahid Mahmood collecting 12 wickets despite going at a hilarious 6.94 runs an over across a series.

Starc is currently at an economy of 4.91 so there's still time for him to head either list

Spark

Global Moderator

I mean yeah from not that long after lunch yesterday it's looked pretty flat. We just batted like idiots.

Owzat

U19 Captain
How much did Sehwag average in England?
27.80, only batted 10 times. HS 106 which is 38% of his total runs scored

Sehwag low scoring countries

New Zealand 180 runs @ 20.00
England 278 runs @ 27.80
South Africa 382 runs @ 25.47
Bangladesh 176 runs @ 35.20

Those three lowest were 9, 10 and 11 innings respectively, Bangladesh only 5 so could exclude on grounds, excuse the pun, of not batting enough. Everywhere else he averaged 46+, 50+ if you skip Australia

CartyDurham

International Captain
coming along nicely

shame Green and Boland are not involved . Could have had an hours bowling with a 400 lead tonight