• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Well that session broke the camel's back

Did not watch most of the session. Was the batting that hard? I thought they survived fairly easily up until lunch
They pitched it up and it moved only slightly which can be lethal. Aus tentative and the best I've seen England bowl this series, apart from Wood in Leeds.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia is so stupidly lucky to have the lead in this series. Extremely undeserved.

Serves England right though as every major triumph in English cricket can be described as such.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
It’s probably the barmy army kicking it off lol. I don’t mind it one bit. It’s gets way worse in other sports
Nah I've hung out with the army a few times and the core group are really polite good natured people, they didn't act like that at all, and not sure they do now.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah fair dinkum it's the 10% yobbos making the rest look bad as always. But the 10% have been more obnoxious than usual this series.
Reckon it is a bit more than 10% tbh, most of them would ask Carey for a selfie if they saw him outside of the ground though.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Australua's batting has been the worst of both worlds today.

On one hand they were extremely tentative in the opening session, as if they were looking to bat time instead of scoring runs.

And yet, for all their defensiveness they look likely to have their great batsman who looks as if he could bat till Sunday stranded.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
I don't think people really care, booing Smith is stupid should appreciate getting to watch him bat. Hope they give him a standing O his last innings over here, especially at the Oval of all places
The booing is pantomime stuff really but I'd still rather it didn't go on.

It was always going to happen in the last Ashes in England but its time to move in.

Same for Warner and Carey.

We debate on here about if player X is an all time great. There's no debate with Smith - he's probably the 2nd best batsman of all time and I hope he gets a reception to match that.

91Jmay

International Coach

It was always going to happen in the last Ashes in England but its time to move in.

We debate on here about if player X is an all time great. There's no debate with Smith - he's probably the 2nd best batsman of all time and I hope he gets a reception to match that.
100% even if he is booed on the way out should be a serious ovation on the way off.

91Jmay

International Coach
3 sub fielders is an absolute joke. Can't recall ever seeing that before, just giving our bowlers a 30 min tea break then? What a piss take

chris.hinton

International Captain

He won’t. Some English diehards don’t think he’s as good as Root

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man

He's good but this is a borderline troll post. Averages ain't everything. I would put him in the top 20-30 to be generous. But there have been so many great players on way worse pitches and against better bowlers.