• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

Spark

Global Moderator
He's actually done mostly really well but gagged a key moment.

Aus session overall, was great conditions to bowl and we did pretty well but if it is sunnier this PM with Smith in they can cash in big time
Wait until this over but yeah for all the criticism of how Labuschagne batted - fair criticism too - if the sun comes out, or sort of comes out, and batting eases up after lunch, then he'll quite fairly say that he did his job by seeing off the toughest conditions

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's superficially entertaining in the same way some people think Marvel movies are the best thing eva
To me the most fascinating thing is how it’s somehow elevated the performance of certain meh to ok players.

Marvel movies are T20s. Cool when they came out overdone and lame af now.

91Jmay

International Coach
Wait until this over but yeah for all the criticism of how Labuschagne batted - fair criticism too - if the sun comes out, or sort of comes out, and batting eases up after lunch, then he'll quite fairly say that he did his job by seeing off the toughest conditions
Yeah, to a degree but that is basically relying on everyone else bailing him out isn't it? Like a night-watchmen's innings.

91Jmay

International Coach
Feel like Root's overs genuinely pretty huge. If he can get through 10 at about 3s that would be ideal, but i'd take 10 overs at 6 if we see a gorgeous arm ball or two again

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looks like Australia's starting to up the ante, which is good. I think we probably erred on the side of too defensive early on, but the important thing was to not collapse and Australia has thus far avoided that. Needless to say, the next session will be key.

Darwin Award

U19 Cricketer
Lunch!

Khawaja scored a whopping 21 runs that session... and made it that much only by hitting 2 boundaries in the last couple of overs...

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
To me the most fascinating thing is how it’s somehow elevated the performance of certain meh to ok players.

Marvel movies are T20s. Cool when they came out overdone and lame af now.
Yeah I will admit I didn't think Crawley and Harry Brook would get away with so many swishy runs - guessing they are the meh players you mean. On the other hand I think the ethos has negatively affected the run output of their best player Root, which probably makes up for the other 2.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Pretty even session for me. Aus won't be unhappy and I've no problem with a defensive approach but I think they were unnecessarily defensive.

We bowled well this morning and the ball did a bit but its wasn't a minefield and 9 off 81 didn't match the conditions.

Yes the bowlers have now got overs in their legs and later in the day other batsmen may profit but Labushchagne was leaving everything he could and left some perfectly scorable balls alone.

As an England fan, you feel a couple of quick wickets after lunch and we're on top