• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia’s biggest problem all series is that they can point to the scoreboard despite being absolutely dreadful tactically so they won’t change

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
60/40 England IMO.

apart from a few early overs i actually think we’ve bowled well, certainly the best in a while. Poor catching has been dire though.

slowfinger

International Debutant
2 ploys against England left here if the ball stops moving (which it's looking like). Bowl short or bring Murphy on (spin to win). Short of that, England should be looking at 400 today

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Is it just me or does it feel more like watching an ODI than a Test now. That session was really messy on all fronts. Even though the run rate was high so it should have been great to watch, there was some filthy slogging, scattergun bowling, easy singles with sweepers out from ball 1, dropped catches, and soft dismissals. So yeah I don't think the quality of cricket was good at all. Apart from a good Cummins spell, getting some great nip and lift in the channel at 90 mph.

Last edited:

loterry1994

International Debutant
That Brook drop is massive we know he’ll always score at a decent rate if stokes had come in he would of been blocking it till lunch

Gob

International Coach
Is it just me or does it feel more like watching an ODI than a Test now. That session was really messy on all fronts. Even though the run rate was high so it should have been great to watch, there was some filthy slogging, scattergun bowling, easy singles with sweepers out from ball 1, dropped catches, and soft dismissals. So yeah I don't think the quality of cricket was good at all. Apart from a good Cummins spell, getting some great nip and lift in the channel at 90 mph.
Yeah looks the same for me

If every other team starts to play like this and wickets get flatter to aid this, there will be nothing that separates Root from Crawley

I liked test cricket before it was saved