• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

91Jmay

International Coach
I agree with this in England but it’s a large part of the reason he’s never made a test ton in australia. The extra pace and bounce makes it harder to control
Yeah, why he is so good in Asia as well. Tbf it is basically only Aus he isn't great, wonder if it is possible for him to even put it away given how central it is too his game.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
I won't ever criticise Root for that shot tbh, he scores a stupid amount of runs with it so the risk/reward is actually in his favour. Maybe early on in innings you could argue he shouldn't play it but it's a strength of his game.
Didn't read the match situation I reckon. Cummins was getting serious lift from a pitch offering a bit of bounce. Even Marsh was troubling Duckett with bounce.

Just needed to put away the cut out and seen Cummins off; but Bazball doesn't really allow fir that.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I must admit I haven't really followed Aus domestic for a while, thought Steketee, Neser & Richardson were quality options. 5 was OTT but I reckon if Aus had a horror and had 3 front line pacers out they'd still put out a competent lineup.

That's an awful Rooty way to get out, extra bounce in this surface. Good decision to bowl first :ph34r:
Steketee really isn't that great, long way off Test standard imo. Jhye is a gun but pretty much perpetually injured. Neser probably is a touch unlucky to not get an oppurtunity this series in fairness, good bowler who has done about everything that could reasonably be expected of him domestically, but I still tend to think these three current bowlers when all fit are just a bit better

91Jmay

International Coach
We've played some absolutely awful shots this AM. Should have 5 down minimum, pitch is seriously bouncy. I'd probably take 325 if you gave it me now and get a bowl at them on this.

kevinw

International 12th Man
Yeah, why he is so good in Asia as well. Tbf it is basically only Aus he isn't great, wonder if it is possible for him to even put it away given how central it is too his game.
Every England side he's toured with have been pummelled as well. Can't always do it himself.

91Jmay

International Coach
Didn't read the match situation I reckon. Cummins was getting serious lift from a pitch offering a bit of bounce. Even Marsh was troubling Duckett with bounce.

Just needed to put away the cut out and seen Cummins off; but Bazball doesn't really allow fir that.
Come on that's nothing to do with Bazball, not every single thing in every single cricket match in the world is decided by it. Root's been doing that for a decade for better or worse.

slowfinger

International Debutant
just like when Sachin had to put away the cover drive in Australia on a lean run of scores to highest score at the SCG.

Sachin centrury at the SCG

Shows you don't need to be a stubborn arse about your game to be the GOAT

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Steketee really isn't that great, long way off Test standard imo. Jhye is a gun but pretty much perpetually injured. Neser probably is a touch unlucky to not get an oppurtunity this series in fairness, good bowler who has done about everything that could reasonably be expected of him domestically, but I still tend to think these three current bowlers when all fit are just a bit better
Spencer Johnson #youknowwe’reright