• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England don't have another test until 10th July 2024?

chris.hinton

International Captain
Judging by Wikipedia. After the last test we will not play another one for 12 months. And no Winter tours involving test matches. I know the World Cup is in October but this is madness

Have I got this right? I've also checked the ICC's official calendar & it gives the same thing

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I think India too doesn't play another test this year after this West Indies tour. Not sure of the Aussie calendar. It is atrocious on the part of ICC to not schedule any tests throughout the year just because there is an ODI world cup at the end of the year.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
And the next tests England do play are against absolutely prank teams as well. Next summer will be dull.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
And the next tests England do play are against absolutely prank teams as well. Next summer will be dull.
Fortunately, we've got the Euros for the first part of the summer and then the Olympics for the 2nd (although even that doesn't clash too heavily with The Hundred - the French know what they're doing).

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Fortunately, we've got the Euros for the first part of the summer and then the Olympics for the 2nd (although even that doesn't clash too heavily with The Hundred - the French know what they're doing).
Can expect a monster Olympic Flame, too.

Silver Silva

International Regular
Welcome to the reality of players from outside the Big 3 😅..
Kane Williamson started his Test career 2 years before Joe Root , Root has played 40 more Tests still .

Silver Silva

International Regular
It’s kinda ridiculous how England gets like 14 tests a year and others get like 6. Lot of blokes hitting 100 tests before they hit 30 years old
Imagine Bairstow has been in and out the England test side last 10 years and he has the same amount of tests as Williamson

loterry1994

International Debutant
Imagine Bairstow has been in and out the England test side last 10 years and he has the same amount of tests as Williamson
His had a real good career resurrection in all formats. Yeah that’s why I’m not the biggest fan of the world test championship. Teams playing half the games compared to other teams over a two year period