• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
All cricket lovers in india talked about Crawley & Bairstow's batting & Wood's bowling

Book store, Theater, Coffee shop & even super market youngster talked about run rate etc

i heard that they think england will beat even pakistan or nz in World cup semi this year. Many people predicted that

"india will not Qualify for even semi"

Frankly speaking i think lot depends on venue than who play bazball or so.
They'll be playing Mottball, not Bazball at the World Cup.

Groundking

International Debutant
I reckon there's a decent chance of play today it's gotten a lot brighter here in Northern Manchester, its barely raining anymore and the met has 3 hours of sub 20% chance.

The groundsmen have a big job to do and I hope they're grafting rn

Owzat

U19 Captain
You can't play international games after 7 pm sunny or not
they should, some of these archaic regulations and practices need knocking on the head, why shouldn't teams play under artificial light if the artificial light is good enough and no side is disadvantaged, or indeed play beyond 7pm if the daylight is enough to do so....??

and if it rains a lot at a ground at certain times of the year, no matter how historic or traditional the ground and playing Tests there is, don't.... You don't know who might benefit from a shortened game but consider spectators and fairness, is always every chance of rain at OT, play it when least likely to be rain or not at all

Owzat

U19 Captain
I reckon there's a decent chance of play today it's gotten a lot brighter here in Northern Manchester, its barely raining anymore and the met has 3 hours of sub 20% chance.

depending how aussies bat, not approach so much as if Lab can go on and get support, England may not need a lot of time. might be 2 sessions, more likely I reckon 3 if not 4

of course if England had declared aussies might be 200/7 or 8 and England just needing to polish them off and knock off the runs

Spofforth

School Boy/Girl Captain
The only chance was to keep pushing after Root and Crawley got out with the hope of getting that lead up to 250 by lunch.
Trying to set 180 before lunch might have been enough. Faint hearts these Mac/Stokes fellas, play their cricket way too conservatively. :laugh:

#nogutsnoglory

Will thoroughly enjoy this if the rain doesn't stop.

Groundking

International Debutant
depending how aussies bat, not approach so much as if Lab can go on and get support, England may not need a lot of time. might be 2 sessions, more likely I reckon 3 if not 4

of course if England had declared aussies might be 200/7 or 8 and England just needing to polish them off and knock off the runs
The aussies will collapse in a sad pathetic heap if we get on today imo. They can't play a moving ball at the best of times and if their only hope, the rain gods, let's them down that'll be them done in quick time. Especially if we get Marnus early as we're already into their tail.

Michelle Fivefer

U19 Cricketer

Sorry to disagree. Here in sort of South Manchester (near Stockport) the roads and pavements are sodden, the skies are dark. But -as you say, it’s barely raining at the moment. What are the odds on getting any play at OT?

CartyDurham

International Captain

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah the radar showing a noted gap. Drainage will be an issue though. Guess it'll come down to which way the rain comes from.

Molehill

International Captain
I've been watching the golf which is about 40 miles West of Manchester and generally coming from that direction. Not seen an umbrella for an hour.

halba

International 12th Man
the ground looks absolutely soaked. this wont dry in time. Maybe 1hr of play at best today?
Might be a result tomorrow- from 3pm forecast is 50/50 rain so maybe 2 hours there?
eng only need 2 hours - looks 50/50 imho

Molehill

International Captain
the ground looks absolutely soaked. this wont dry in time. Maybe 1hr of play at best today?
Might be a result tomorrow- from 3pm forecast is 50/50 rain so maybe 2 hours there?
eng only need 2 hours - looks 50/50 imho
English Test Grounds have superb drainage, don't be fooled by puddles. If it stops raining it'll be playable in 90 mins.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Reminds me of the England - India Test at Trent Bridge in 2021.

India needed 150-odd runs with 9 wickets remaining and Day 5 was washed out. Rain saved England in that Test. It's saving Australia in this one..? Too early to say

😭👹

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
English Test Grounds have superb drainage, don't be fooled by puddles. If it stops raining it'll be playable in 90 mins.
Unless australia denied to play with dull Light

or Eng Ground staff not able to dry out field good enough which may not satisfy Ground umpires

Eng need to take last 6 wkts

Bowlers Runner up problem in the past after Heavy rains at manchester.

If Umpire & match Refree figures out ground is not safe than day 5 also abandone

All those above possibilities not rules out