• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah but I think physically and mentally they will appreciate getting out of the firing line.

England may have a couple of decisions to make with their attack as well. Robinson or Tongue may come into consideration for Anderson or Broad.
Yeah that’s an an interesting one. If they win here I honestly can’t see them resting Broad, he’s been pretty influential all series, though so far not at his best this test I suppose.

Last edited:

loterry1994

International Debutant
I’ve had a look on mine and took evens the draw

if it rains and England drift to odds against I get on them so at the worst I will get my money back
has your luck been good with the betting this series? I’m not a gambling man anymore but I use to love betting on the wicket method markets like bowled, caught, lbw etc and top run scorer markets

Nas207

School Boy/Girl Captain
Anyone know whats happened to Anderson? Seems like he can barely get the ball of the straight all series. Is it just age finally?

Wood has been incredible. What a shame he didnt reach these heights ten years ago.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Anyone know whats happened to Anderson? Seems like he can barely get the ball of the straight all series. Is it just age finally?

Wood has been incredible. What a shame he didnt reach these heights ten years ago.
Jimmy is cooked and near the end of it I think. Stokes has brought jimmy back in the attack straight after the others have got a wicket and he hasn’t been able to take advantage of it. Woakes and wood are the big game changers for England they’ve got most the important wickets to get back momentum

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I see Smith's now averaging less than Barrington and Weekes. If England wins this one, can he get a big series winning 100 in the 5th?

chris.hinton

International Captain
Seriously

We will see what rain there is over the next 2 days. For near certain Saturday there will be no play. Sunday may see some play but how much is in the lap of the gods.

WICFan

State 12th Man
I see Smith's now averaging less than Barrington and Weekes. If England wins this one, can he get a big series winning 100 in the 5th?
He's tonned up 3 times at The Oval in 7 innings so you could see it happening, however, England's attack have largely had his number in this series barring that innings at Lords.

kevinw

International 12th Man
Jimmy is cooked and near the end of it I think. Stokes has brought jimmy back in the attack straight after the others have got a wicket and he hasn’t been able to take advantage of it. Woakes and wood are the big game changers for England they’ve got most the important wickets to get back momentum
Interesting to see whether he gets a farewell appearance - if Robinson is fit, you think he'd be more effective than Anderson.

Niall

International Coach
Interesting to see whether he gets a farewell appearance - if Robinson is fit, you think he'd be more effective than Anderson.
No room in the game for sentiment, unless he takes some wickets this weekend this must be his final test.

A legend but he is absolutely finished, Potts, Robinson and Tongue all offer much more than him atm.

Blenkinsop

U19 Vice-Captain
Thought Anderson bowled well today, much better than Broad anyway. He made them play practically every ball and gave nothing away.

Niall

International Coach
draw 4/7 now with the betting folks, I suppose they need 3 sessions to run through this deliciously deep batting line up which will be formidable with the weather.

mustardcharlie

School Boy/Girl Captain
I celebrate 60 years of of watching/listening to Test cricket next Tuesday. Some young kid called Garry Slobbers or something got a ton that day. In that time I have not seen England crush an Australian team so mercilessly and the game is sadly going to be a draw. I went to Headingley in '81 but on the wrong day. Please remind me of an Ashes test when England have been so dominant. Broad 8 -15 perhaps.

Last edited: