• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

chris.hinton

International Captain
Australia have to get into the method of this day as just bat and bat and bat. If they have less then 3 wickets down its good and they will have some hope going into any play during the weekend

CartyDurham

International Vice-Captain
Ponting been brilliant on comms this series. I have to keep reminding myself that he’s the epitome of evil
I do enjoy Pontings patter and I enjoyed his pantomime performance as the baddie when playing England

im might be in a minority but I’ve enjoyed all the overseas commentary we get in the sky box each summer

CartyDurham

I know we are unlikely to see it for at least an hour but I feel this pitch will turn and bounce erratically

remember the grubber that got rid of root

Gob

International Coach
So it is a 100% a bat once then, as Burgey said lets us be super aggressive with the fields.

Weather should be fine today, probably 50ish overs today. Sunday has gotten worse today, but that said today has had more play than expected. Need them 5 down absolute minimum by close.
They'll be all out

CartyDurham

Hello Peter Reid there . An ex manager of my team Sunderland and during his time we had our best team in the last 50 years

that grey haired bloke they just zoomed in on

the fans made a song called Cheer up Peter Reid and it got into the official, charts in the U.K.

based on an old monkees tune, Daydream Believer

Chrish

International Debutant
Ponting been brilliant on comms this series. I have to keep reminding myself that he’s the epitome of evil
Yeah surprising maturity from him as a commentator.. Never liked his bad boy persona when he was playing.

He has grown a lot as a person since then.