• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

thundaboult

International Debutant
in other news besides rah rah test cricket so ImPoRTaNT rah rah

devon conway continues being a machine, guy just can;t stop scoring, so glad he plays for us :')

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Kane apparently ahead of schedule in his recovery from his knee injury. I dunno, I'd be very leery of rushing him back into the squad if the doctors are marginal on his recovery. We've got a big summer of test cricket coming up, and while I know the NZC doesn't gave a **** about that I'd honestly prefer it if we can guarantee KW's fitness for that, rather than risking him aggravating his injury after a couple WC games and being out of the side for another 6-9 months.
Save him for the home summer. I'd also like to see Ravindra get an undeserved crack at batting in the test top 3 in Bangladesh with Kane out (and being the 3rd spinner).

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
New Zealand's men's team also welcome South Africa in the Feb & March for two Tests - to be held at Bay Oval in Tauranga and Seddon Park in Hamilton.

This will be New Zealand's latest attempt to break their duck against a side who they have never beaten in the format at home or away

Nz host Aus may be 1st time since 6 or more year in about same time so 4 test are plenty

Chewie

New Zealand's men's team also welcome South Africa in the Feb & March for two Tests - to be held at Bay Oval in Tauranga and Seddon Park in Hamilton.

This will be New Zealand's latest attempt to break their duck against a side who they have never beaten in the format at home or away

Nz host Aus may be 1st time since 6 or more year in about same time so 4 test are plenty
No

Moss

4 tests - okay fine, that’s how it’s been for a long time now.

But how have NZ not managed to negotiate more than 3 white ball games vs Aus and zero vs South Africa AGAIN, given that’s where the bread is buttered?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
As far as opposition goes, SA and Aus is meaty. Would be good if we had two tests vs Afghanistan in November/early December window.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
South Africa and Australia touring has potential to be a ripper of a summer and I hope to get to one of the tests. Yes I would be a lot happier if one of those series was a 'real' series of three tests (both being three tests clearly too much to ask), so there is risk that it will merely feel like two incomplete entrees. Still exciting though.

Too early to say right now how competitive we might be - our bowling attack could range anywhere from terrible to excellent (e.g. if Jamieson back and Boult ends up playing).

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Too early to say right now how competitive we might be - our bowling attack could range anywhere from terrible to excellent (e.g. if Jamieson back and Boult ends up playing).
I tend to think it will be one or the other. Southee and Henry are hard picks, and Wagner will likely be given a bit more rope by the selectors to see if his new pilates obsession will translate into meaningful performance improvements. If it doesn't then I think Stead will remain loyal to Tickner (or maybe give Sears a run if he's fit and has a blinder of a season for Wellington). That potentially leaves one other spot.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah probably. In cricketing terms I'd prefer both Jamieson and Boult to late-career Wagner, though you can't really justify picking the mercenary over Wagner, when he has stuck around.

It would be admirable if Wagner is able to somehow recover his missing zip, though I think it's very unlikely and would prefer we moved on. Sears would be exciting if it somehow happens (it won't).