• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Reading on Stuff some people are all 'he's had good results' - reminder that our final standing in the last WTC round, as defending champs, was 6th and only a whisker (0.36 percentage points) ahead of Pakistan in 7th.

Stead will probably say we're little old New Zealand and can't expect much more - a line of commentary that infuriates me to this day.

He's welcome to prove me wrong, of course.

vandem

International 12th Man
Henry and Sodhi had a good day to help Somerset win the Vitality Blast T20 overnight. Semifinal and final on same day. Somerset defended 142 and 145. Henry 14* (14), 3.5-19-3, 3.3-24-4 (MOM), Sodhi 4-31-1, 4-22-3 (all 3 bowled).

Henry is having a great winter. 31 wickets @ 13, ER 7.8 in 14 T20 games. 18 wickets @ 18 and a 50 in 4 FC games.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Henry and Sodhi had a good day to help Somerset win the Vitality Blast T20 overnight. Semifinal and final on same day. Somerset defended 142 and 145. Henry 14* (14), 3.5-19-3, 3.3-24-4 (MOM), Sodhi 4-31-1, 4-22-3 (all 3 bowled).

Henry is having a great winter. 31 wickets @ 13, ER 7.8 in 14 T20 games. 18 wickets @ 18 and a 50 in 4 FC games.
I’m surprised he hasn’t played more county cricket over the years. He was an absolute beast for Kent back in 2018, 75 wickets in 11 games, and was the main factor in their promotion to Division 1. Was bad luck for him that last year’s tour of England coincided with Duke taking the air out of their balls and Bairstow hitting absurd form.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh wow, that was ****ing village before he planted his bat in the dirt. Woeful.

I've just watched one 10 second clip so I have no strong basis for this, but I hope Finn isn't getting too swept up in seeing the sights and earning easy coin, when he could be a beast of an international player if he really wants it. From all I hear, he's not working hard enough or sacrificing enough yet.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

Henry is near-on world class now. His bowling has come on immeasurably in the last 12 months, and has also made three impressive half tons at Test level as well.