• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not an ideal start – 15 off the first two balls, thx Megz – but I'm not too worried with how this is going. AX–W aren't afraid of a decent chase, and judging off BQ might be up against weaker bowling.
Expert preview suggests otherwise… as does 40 overs at an average of 40 skill?

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Meanwhile, Oliver James is playing a lone hand in taking his calves to a respectable score at this juncture of the innings. It’s been a really bad effort with the bat.

SillyCowCorner1

That was a tough captain's knock from the skipper, James.

153/9 is not really a score I expect them to defend, GG's top-order is sort of frail though.

SillyCowCorner1

Sibtain Hassan's record in FR. Devs after this latest innings from him,

INNS: 7
RUNS: 75
AVE: 10.71
SR: 45.73

I am keeping the faith with him as he oozes with potential.

SillyCowCorner1

GG's 2nd wicket pair of Mandhatri and Pocock are making a mockery of the target set by Mooo...

So far, it's 83 off 65 balls.

Good for the NRR.

JOJOXI

International Captain
Double header vs @JOJOXI to start CWC9. FHK getting pummeled by Charminister while ZCC causing a few headaches for Winton CC
I'd be disappointed to lose from here with Charminster and there is scoreboard pressure in 2nd innings but ZCC 118/3 after 21 overs. Charminster 96/2 although that was before the Fairhurst blitz. But I'd be a bit nervy if your 4th wicket partnership nears the 30th over

JOJOXI

International Captain
Roy Kwong on 25 off 39 at the time of writing is stalling the FHK innings a bit but worse than that he's been involved in the runouts of 2 batters who made a collective 80 off 75

SillyCowCorner1

And there it is, a win for GG's youths. Always nice to start a tournament off with a win. I think it was the bowling of GG which actually created the openings for their batsmen to chase down the target with intent.

The better bowling team won. Moooo will have questions to answer.