• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

cnerd123

likes this
One of the things I do hate about playing games like Stumped is its more important to know how to game the system than actually play a simulated cricket game... I understand its available to us all, but still leaves a sour taste in the mouth.
I think stumped is so much closer to real cricket than BT or FTP though.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In this match engine, there's a lot of x is unlucky to get out there. This happens far too often. It is an indication that that batsmen is batting out of his comfort zone (aggression)

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think stumped is so much closer to real cricket than BT or FTP though.
I have not played either, so could not say. And think in fully developed teams playing at the top it becomes much less of an issue.

But its just the nature of these sorts of simulations, because there is a built in mechanism that can be abused in certain situations that is not true for a real cricket match.

SillyCowCorner1

Nalin Mandhatri made 91 (73) and Andrew Kerr had figures of 8-1-28-5, yet for some reason, GG lost by 36 runs.

There were 4 batsmen who registered ducks.

ataraxia

International Coach
10 off the final over required for AXI v ZCC. 3 wickets in hand. About the time for Ludlow to randomly win the game imo

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Got excited about the game the PPs are currently playing against Moo. It’s not even part of the CWC :laugh:
still, looks like it’ll be a close one

cnerd123

likes this
Stunning chase by the Pirates vs FHK, and a stunning defence by ZCC vs AXI! Both results not how I predicted at all.

It bodes well for ZCC that we have a combination that can do decently on dry decks too. I hope we can survive up in Div 1. FHK, on the other hand, are really struggling on any pitch where they can't play 3 spinners. Tho this loss could be written off as a Jonathan Young masterclass. Young Chow Hung-tang also struggled, filling in for the experienced Agnes Chow. We definitely left runs out there, Nathan Law and Tony Chung barely got a chance to bat!

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
25 Min and counting till first ball , I haven't been vocal about this one at all as i cannot give to much insight in dev , from my experience and investigations ive done it is the most volatile format and most unpredictable . Experience stat on players have a huge role to this and a lot of other factors . Not confident at all and would be pleasantly surprised if my young dev team doesn't finish bottom of the table .

Should still be interesting to participate in and good luck to all .

ataraxia

International Coach
This season, 34!
  • come top 3 in OD 1.1
  • promote out of T20 2.1
  • remain in DEV 1.1
  • and I'd like to foray into Cup R4, please
AXI season review:

4th in the top division. Only naturally, I suppose. But a strong recovery back to finish with 8 wins, despite a weak start. Promising stuff, as we look towards a permanent place at the top of Asia. Smith, Simmonds, and whichever we played of Dee and Zahid were excellent, but the star was the glorious Benjamin Butler, with 474 runs in 11 games at 118.5, aside a SR of 140. Winton and the lower order had to content themselves with mediocre performances, unfortunately. Ludlow and Winton struggled to take wickets, but overall a strong bowling performance as ever.

It's good to receive confirmation that AXI still remains a strong T20 side, as promotion came. Lost one game thanks to a batting collapse in a big chase and tied with GG, but that was all. Smith, Frost, Winton, and Chambers were strong. Ram and Kaiser were the most effective bowlers.

In the Dev, it was up and up and up. Until we stopped. But still, a 59-point season isn't bad for a first time, as we made the most of maturing generation of youngsters. At one point we had won 35 of our previous 36 games in the competitive format. Then came two losses. Then five wins. Certainly bodes well for the CWC! Zahid, Roopak, and Butler were the main stars, keen to up their average while they still could. Oakes and Darnell aged out, by then confined to very limited roles in the interest of IGT – so no longer do we have a big difference between competitive and friendly ratings!

The Cup run was great. We were only eliminated in R6, thanks to a kind draw. So overall a very good season, judging by these goals.

POTS award: Chambers, Zahid, and Butler emerge the main contenders. In the end, it must be Butler: a sensational knock every week, he did. 55 (21) (50 in 5 overs) in CWC8 v ZCC; 86 (29) in CWC8 to spite Hlengwa; 71 (26) in T20 2.1 (50 in 5 overs again); 71* (39) in SOD 1.1; 62 (23) in CWC8 (50 in 4.1 overs); 79* (58) to resurrect a flat Cup chase; 142 (79) in DEV 1.1 where all the other batters from both teams made 203 between them; 46 (17) v FHK in CWC8; 135 (53) in CWC8; 86* (61) in a successful SOD chase of ZCC; and 123* (86) in SOD 1.1.

Butler hit 61 sixes in the CWC group stage. The next highest? 34. This was a 14 team competition!

Aims for season 35:
  • remain in both senior divisions
  • come top 2 in one senior division
  • come top 3 in DEV 1.1
  • briefly enter the world top 5

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
I wasn’t expecting to see Mooo 30/3 inside the first 10 overs!
2 of the 4 wickets is run out , with a team of 39k fielding it hurts however we all have been hit by the run out top order curse in stumped . Frustrating start however it normally auto corrects with decent late order contributions but most of the time to little to late . Tough start man .

Edt 31k Fielding , 39 would be ok for dev .

SillyCowCorner1

2 of the 4 wickets is run out , with a team of 39k fielding it hurts however we all have been hit by the run out top order curse in stumped . Frustrating start however it normally auto corrects with decent late order contributions but most of the time to little to late . Tough start man .
Unfortunate, yes.
But, I’ve structured this order so that the 2 most experienced players are there to rebuild after a collapse or pile on the runs after a good start.
The two of them are in the middle right now.
James and Hadi Hafeez

ataraxia

International Coach
Platform being laid for Gert, fully expecting 7(4).
Not an ideal start – 15 off the first two balls, thx Megz – but I'm not too worried with how this is going. AX–W aren't afraid of a decent chase, and judging off BQ might be up against weaker bowling.