• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time Asian-XI

Coronis

International Coach
3 pacers on a dustbowl?

No one, in Asia certainly, has as high a percentage of winning games at home as Ashwin+Jadeja do
Who says they’re playing on a dustbowl?

It's in the context of spinning wickets within the subcontinent in the modern day while wickets have actively gotten less spin friendly in pace friendly countries. Given that conditions matter a lot even for ATGs, to overlook this with regards to the drops in ability is braindead tbh.

It really isn't, unless you want to be England level.

I mean there's no point in continuing this I guess given you don't want to discuss anyway.
Again, you’re completely ignoring the point. If its a spinning wicket in India, of course Jadeja is going to be in the discussion. Most of your games won’t be in India though, this is an all conditions XI, which you seem to be unable to understand.

lol what? England is the only team that you want to pick a team to play for worldwide? Ok whatever.

I am discussing this, you are continually ignoring Jadeja’s record outside of India and basically saying oh he’s amazing in India so therefore he should be in an ATG XI (specifically designed to play anywhere vs anyone)

subshakerz

International Coach
Dravid is the third best Asian bat of all time so he definitely makes an Asian all time XI.
Your third best. Sachin, Gavaskar and Sanga for me.

My Test XI:

Gavaskar
Sehwag
Sachin
Dravid
Miandad
Sanga +
Imran - c
Wasim
Waqar
Kumble
Murali

12th man - Kapil

Sanga can be moved up the order but down the order gives him time to relax after his keeping duties.

I picked Kumble and Murali as they are the best all-rounder spinners in all conditions and you need a leg spin/off spin combo.

Ashwin/Jadeja would be certain if this was only being played in the SC. They are not options outside though.

subshakerz

International Coach
My ODI XI:

Tendulkar
Jayasuria
Rohit
Kohli
Babar
Dhoni + / c
Imran
Kapil
Wasim
Waqar
Murali

12th - Shakib

You need a blaster at the start of the order hence Jayasuria, plus a 6th bowling option and a left/right opening combo.

Rohit can easily bat at 3. Zaheer Abbas didn't play enough to qualify unlike Babar who already has 100 games under his belt and averages nearly 60, even if he declines will end up notably ahead of Zaheer. De Silva didnt average enough in output to merit selection. Imran and Kapil are both worldclass and undroppable. Dhoni is the best LOI captain of all-time. Murali succeeded for way longer than Saqlain.

Shakib is the option in SC in case you need an extra spin option to replace Kapil or Imran with.

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
My ODI XI:

Tendulkar
Jayasuria
Rohit
Kohli
Babar
Dhoni + / c
Imran
Kapil
Wasim
Waqar
Murali

12th - Shakib

You need a blaster at the start of the order hence Jayasuria, plus a 6th bowling option and a left/right opening combo.

Rohit can easily bat at 3. Zaheer Abbas didn't play enough to qualify unlike Babar who already has 100 games under his belt and averages nearly 60, even if he declines will end up notably ahead of Zaheer. De Silva didnt average enough in output to merit selection. Imran and Kapil are both worldclass and undroppable. Dhoni is the best LOI captain of all-time. Murali succeeded for way longer than Saqlain.

Shakib is the option in SC in case you need an extra spin option to replace Kapil or Imran with.
How is 11 years not enough?

Silver Line

U19 Debutant
I would go with Younis though, as Dravid averages 54 during his Peak (97-05) after removing Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and WI.

54 is great stuff but in comparison to Younis’s peak numbers he falls behind. Secondly his peak window of 8 years is also lesser than the others.