• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

JOJOXI

International Captain
Just having a proper look at the Divisions I'm in (simultaneously whilst watching Charminster CC get a battering from ataraXIa - I think I'm not tempting fate by saying well played despite the game technically not being over yet

Charminster CC in the same SOD as The Net Theorists and Plymouth Pirates
Charminster CC also in the same SOD as The Net Theorists and ataraXIa

Had similar with Winton CC and Jura CC a season or 2 back but this season I'll get very well acquainted with The Net Theorists.

This season now inter CW rivalries across the divisions I don't think for Winton CC.

ataraxia

International Coach
(simultaneously whilst watching Winton CC get a battering from ataraXIa - I think I'm not tempting fate by saying well played despite the game technically not being over yet)
Defo helped there by the presence of three players about to age out. The Habib knock, though, buoys me.

cnerd123

likes this
an all time classic between TMO and ZCC there! Especially given the flat conditions. We were trying a bit of a new look outfit - no Heshan, Samra or Sampath, and trying to squeeze in two spinners into the default XI - so pretty pleased with that result actually.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
an all time classic between TMO and ZCC there! Especially given the flat conditions. We were trying a bit of a new look outfit - no Heshan, Samra or Sampath, and trying to squeeze in two spinners into the default XI - so pretty pleased with that result actually.
It was such a strange pitch though… I can’t quite understand how the bowlers dominated like they did.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
How does relegation and promotion work around here? By rights I should have been relegated from my Dev league and the team who won it are still there (as a bot though)

ataraxia

International Coach
How does relegation and promotion work around here? By rights I should have been relegated from my Dev league and the team who won it are still there (as a bot though)
Bots complicate things – teams that have turned bot can't get promoted if human teams exist in their division, and are forced to relegate if human teams below them stand to be relegated.

JOJOXI

International Captain
Defo helped there by the presence of three players about to age out. The Habib knock, though, buoys me.
Very impressive innings from him. Worrying for my bowling. Imran in and around my first XI he's about to age out and I unsuccessfully tried selling him after 2nd thoughts on buying him last month - decided I'll just hold on until he ages out. Bangash a big worry too as he'll be around first team. Rotated 2 main seamers out but not convinced they would have massively stopped the bleeding - the support cast especially Imran isn't much worse on paper.

Still a couple weeks for your big players about to age out - could get you off to a good start in CWC9

ataraxia

International Coach
188 run partnership between Afzaal and Furqan v FHK. Not the greatest side we're up against, but not bad stuff. Afzaal should absolutely dominate this CWC.

How's FHK next gen looking like? Can't be as good as the current one, of course, but seems concerningly weak for all I can see, in terms of current skill.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea FHK's next gen is very raw. Some good potential in there but the Golden Gen was exceptional. I doubt many HG sides would find that kind of talent often in this game. Going to be a lean few years.

I think CWC10 and CWC11 might be the Golden Gen's last hurrah.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That was a clutch knock from Humayun Karim as he took GG CC to a 2 wicket victory over FHK youths.

Thanks for the game, @cnerd123

A PSA to all, I am open for any challenges for dev matches.
I welcome you all 🙏

cnerd123

likes this
That was a clutch knock from Humayun Karim as he took GG CC to a 2 wicket victory over FHK youths.

Thanks for the game, @cnerd123

A PSA to all, I am open for any challenges for dev matches.
I welcome you all 🙏
Was a good game. Some positives to take from that.

ZCC have challenged GG CC and FHK have challenged Moooo for tomorrow!

ataraxia

International Coach
Feel like all these Nat players are going for way too little. Good time to get on some IMO, but don't steal those that I've got my eye on!