• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm 5 minutes into the 'Belonging' episode of Break Point, and while you can say what you like about Kyrgios, he's a funny bugger.
Glad he's funny, because he doesn't play much tennis, withdrawn from Wimbledon, hard to think Netflix are doing right in featuring him so heavily, but ho-hum

.Djokovic will win the mens obvs, women's could be more intersting, Rybakina not been well for awhile and Swiatek and Sabalenka not much of a track record on grass. Keys and Kvitova like the surface, but are pretty flaky.

May have a crazy small bet on Kastkina and Vekic, because I think capitalism is evil and I don't like money.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
sabalenka goes in as the favorite in my opinion...rybakina if healthy certainly has a good chance...swiatek is getting better on grass but don't see her going all the way this year...

on the men's side, douche-ovic will win obviously...

CartyDurham

International Captain
Alcaraz two sets up but Chardy is really having a go in the third set It’s 4-5 in his favour on serve

playing undercover on Court 1

apparently Chardy is retiring if he loses today

Last edited:

CartyDurham

International Captain
Alcarez wraps up a straight set win in fine style

really enjoy watching this kid play and boy can he hit the ball hard

Chardy leaves to a standing ovation which Alcarez joined in with. Good sportsmanship seeing that

CartyDurham

International Captain
Kate the future queen sitting next to Roger Federer , watching Andy Murray v Ryan Peniston on centre court

Peniston had cancer as a kid

Murray leads 2-1 first set on serve

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I didn't know much about their friendship until they were both well into the twilight of their careers but it has certainly been a special one...the closest parallel may be the Fedal friendship...Evert was my favorite female tennis player growing up...when she married Norman, I thought maybe he isn't such a prize dickhead after all if she can fall in love with him...obviously she realized her mistake and moved on... :D

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Glad he's funny, because he doesn't play much tennis, withdrawn from Wimbledon, hard to think Netflix are doing right in featuring him so heavily, but ho-hum

.Djokovic will win the mens obvs, women's could be more intersting, Rybakina not been well for awhile and Swiatek and Sabalenka not much of a track record on grass. Keys and Kvitova like the surface, but are pretty flaky.

May have a crazy small bet on Kastkina and Vekic, because I think capitalism is evil and I don't like money.
It was last year, so he did make it to the Wimbledon final. I don't think he'll feature so heavily in the next season.