• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Will say it again: genuinely not seen a worse top order batsman play for Australia in the field. He's so bad it's appalling. Lets a ton of easy singles his way too because he's not switched on if he's in the ring.
Weird thing is that he looked to be a top class slipper when he first came on the scene

Spark

Global Moderator
Weird thing is that he looked to be a top class slipper when he first came on the scene
No doubt that's why he's under the lid there. But he has no agility and even less awareness. Ponting was quite right to rip into him earlier when he threw wildly to the totally wrong end

Kirkut

International Regular
Laxman was nothing like this. I don't think I've seen a guy who through sheer single-mindedness change the course of the game in like twenty minutes.

The closest what I can relate to is Kylian Mbappe's final outburst in the World Cup final

Cricket CoachDB

U19 Debutant
Jim Maxwell on "the incident" says that the umpire's surely should have offered the opportunity to withdraw the appeal because yes, you can do it within the rules, but it just leaves a bad taste in the mouth-the spirit of the game is important,

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh it's no comment on Australia. Aside from yesterday this is as good a collective batting performance I've seen for an Aus side in England in ages. Still can't believe what they did first day.
Yeah, and tbf I’ve omitted to mention the junk tactics today. This is something the side should be across by now. Even little stuff like bringing the field up for the fourth ball when you have a hundred plus to play with is cricket 101

Coronis

International Coach
Jim Maxwell on "the incident" says that the umpire's surely should have offered the opportunity to withdraw the appeal because yes, you can do it within the rules, but it just leaves a bad taste in the mouth-the spirit of the game is important,
Oh just shut up already mate.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah, and tbf I’ve omitted to mention the junk tactics today. This is something the side should be across by now. Even little stuff like bringing the field up for the fourth ball when you have a hundred plus to play with is cricket 101
I do understand their thinking to be fair. Happy to give up 1.5rpo and daring Stokes to try a slog. Eventually he did and it got them the wicket.

White Ball

State 12th Man
I always thought members in the long room were posh boys, if the allegations are true then there is no place for that behaviour in Cricket.