• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
Non walking, peeing on the pitch, saying Australia's last Ashes win didn't count ...
Not walking isn't controversial. Very few players walk. The Ashes comment was a clear wind up. Like McGrath saying Aus will win every ashes 5-0.

Don't know about the pissing on the pitch stuff but, yeah, that's definitely controversial!

halba

International 12th Man
Man, aussie is the worst cricket team under pressure. a little bit of pressure, and you might as well bust the whole dam down.

Stokes could do it- a double ton is possible.

human

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Because it's against the Spirit of the Game rule.

I'm an Englishman who had been enjoying the Aussies putting Wankball in its place with proper, top class cricket. You shouldn't have to cheat, you're good enough. But that was an utter disgrace.
still not ****ing cheating, far from an utter disgrace. Bairstow would have done the same thing

Kirkut

International Regular
To be frank let's get done with this spirit of the game thing.

You think Stokes would have taken the appeal back had it been the other way round?

How about Broad not walking in 2013?

Everyone plays to win.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The only time a bouncer plan ever worked in my recent memory is Lords in 2014 and even then it was hilariously inept English batting.

Victor Ian

International Coach
**** me. Stokes is going to do this. Didn't he score all the runs last time with the other guy only contributing 1. He is in magical mode again. He is such a **** ****ing ****, but with such an uncanny supply of luck fortune midas touch... I don't know what you call it, but he is ****ing annoying.

This is like I said earlier somewhere. The **** did that declaration just so he could bring his team back from the abyss and teabag us with his big big balls.

halba

International 12th Man
Seen it now. Bairstow shouldn’t have left the crease, looking at that

move on now. It’s not cheating imo. To be fair I wouldn’t take Carey on a ten pin bowling with that quality of throw

and I would love to get stuck in on here with the Aussies but not this time
agree- He should've waited time. He didnt even wait 1 second, just kept going. If he stayed, england would've won this game for sure(they still can win it, but him being there would've been fairly comfortable)
If ben stokes wins it, hes one of the greats , an icon- of the modern game.

subshakerz

International Coach
The Bairstow dismissal looks worse when you see the previous deliveries. He was walking ahead no problems, then suddenly this dismissal is seen as a live delivery.

thierry henry

International Coach
As much as I shouldn’t be blown away by a team I’m supporting inevitably playing like idiots…I’m blown away by how idiotic this performance is for Australia. They are showing every sign of throwing this away tbh.

Cricket CoachDB

U19 Debutant
still not ****ing cheating, far from an utter disgrace. Bairstow would have done the same thing
Based on what evidence? Him not having done it previously? Nah mate, he thought the ball was dead and was out of his crease. If you try and run someone out in those circumstances, that is clearly against the Spirit of the Game. Some of the worst cheating I have ever seen.