• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can someone explain, why, as far as the spirit goes, that is any different than Mankading?
TBF I honestly don't think the actual Australian cricket team would've had a moral opposition to Mankading.

What seems interesting is that a lot of posters think that this was not OK but Mankading is. I guess the argument is that in Mankading the batsman is trying to take an advantage, Bairstow in this case was not.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Can someone explain, why, as far as the spirit goes, that is any different than Mankading?
If players randomly got mankadded in all situations I'd be all for it. It just seems like a cheap tactic because it's only ever wheeled out in the last over of close ODIs when bowling second. I don't think Carey would've decided not to do that if it was the first innings instead.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
if this ends up with England doing a run-out from the bowlers hand next game and all bets being off from now on, put Alex Carey in the hall of fame

CartyDurham

International Captain
Not seen this incident but was it similar to the one v India a few years back when india ran out bell but then withdrew the appeal ?