• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One thing about all those chases and I think it was true last year was that the innings started really positively, a decent of runs piled on early by the top three which let the middle order chip away individually. Here these two and Bairstow basically have to score pretty much all these runs themselves.
Also, they didn’t contribute much as it turned out but Woakes and Archer at 8 and 9 is a hell of a lot more batting than they have today.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Who was the first player to be out twice in the "nervous nineties" in both innings of a test

No one ever
Duckett 98 & 79 not out✍
Is this really true?
Nobody in 100 years has got in the nineties twice seems hard to believe.
Duckett getting ready to change history before lunch.

morgieb

OTOH the Australian bowlers were completely wiped out by the end of Headingley and this time they don’t have Lyon.
That's kind of my concern, no spinner makes it harder to change the tempo. And it feels like the tempo right now is 100% in England's favour.

We'll see though, one wicket could change everything.

kevinw

International 12th Man
That's kind of my concern, no spinner makes it harder to change the tempo. And it feels like the tempo right now is 100% in England's favour.

We'll see though, one wicket could change everything.
Surprised Head doesn't a few overs at two lefties, as good as both of these guys are at playing spin. Root got it to turn a mile to Head in the first innings.

Uppercut

Surprised Head doesn't a few overs at two lefties, as good as both of these guys are at playing spin. Root got it to turn a mile to Head in the first innings.
Yeah I mean he’s not great but he’s better than Wade.