• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Who was the first player to be out twice in the "nervous nineties" in both innings of a test

No one ever
Duckett 98 & 79 not out✍

Spark

Global Moderator
Nass calling for a wide on height here on day 5, having been curiously silent on the issue on the fourth morning…
Yeah like it's a wide but bit rich to be calling them to be all over it now when there could have been like twenty yesterday

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Happens every time there's a partnership in a 4th innings against Aus. People claim it's because of Brisbane and Headingley but it long predates it on this place, it really frustrates me
Conversely, prior to Headingley I’d consider all hope in vein. We’ve done this a few times now so I’m more optimistic than I would be. But even me, an actual lunatic when it comes to optimism, is living in hope not expectation currently

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
The bookmakers don't hurt themselves do they?.

Only offering odds of 2/1 for an England win. At 50/1 or wider I would have been tempted but 2/1 is a joke.

Jfry

U19 Debutant
That is not the first time Stokes has picked it up to give it back. Previous Australian teams would've appealed

Spark

Global Moderator
Conversely, prior to Headingley I’d consider all hope in vein. We’ve done this a few times now so I’m more optimistic than I would be. But even me, an actual lunatic when it comes to optimism, is living in hope not expectation currently
One thing about all those chases and I think it was true last year was that the innings started really positively, a decent of runs piled on early by the top three which let the middle order chip away individually. Here these two and Bairstow basically have to score pretty much all these runs themselves.

hazsa19

International Regular
One thing about all those chases and I think it was true last year was that the innings started really positively, a decent of runs piled on early by the top three which let the middle order chip away individually. Here these two and Bairstow basically have to score pretty much all these runs themselves.
Tbf I remember that Edgbaston chase against India coming after a little collapse with Kohli doing laps the ****.