• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
1000 test runs

(RL Dias (SL)
v India
Kandy

❤12 test 23 innings)

(MA Atherton (ENG)
v Australia
Adelaide

❤12 test 23 innings)

(KP Pietersen (ENG)
v Sri Lanka
Lord's

❤12 test 23 innings)

(DM de Silva (SL)
v Bangladesh
Chattogram

❤12 test 23 innings)

(B Duckett (eng)
V Australia
Lords
(Debut in 2016)

❤12 test 23*innings)

(Bradman 7 test 13 innings)❤

(H Sutcliffe (ENG)
v Australia
9 test 12 innings)✍

(ED Weekes (WI)
v India
Brabourne
9 test 12 innings)✍

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is looking a bit worrying. I think England have solved the Plan B (bouncers) and the wicket has died too much for them to be as effective.

The weird thing is that it was swinging quite a bit earlier - don't get why we don't go back to that.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
This is a bit like a slow death. You know your gonna lose but its gonna take a bit of time to finish the job

Uppercut

Duckett twists the bat in the wrong direction when he pulls. Elevates the ball when he should be using his wrists to keep it down.

Burgey

This is looking a bit worrying. I think England have solved the Plan B (bouncers) and the wicket has died too much for them to be as effective.

The weird thing is that it was swinging quite a bit earlier - don't get why we don't go back to that.
I think going to the bouncer too early to Duckett has been a mistake. If nothing else, is it still a playing condition they roll the deck for a bit each morning? Seems one paced atm, the good length stuff has troubled them both

Spark

Global Moderator
Duckett twists the bat in the wrong direction when he pulls. Elevates the ball when he should be using his wrists to keep it down.
Comms are right about Smith being too deep as a catcher. Cummins needs to take a leaf out of Stokes' captaincy yesterday to Green and put catching men about 30m back because these are going head height

Stapel

International Regular
At what point should this partnership be broken, to make it even? My guess is that Eng need quite a few more from these two.

Spark

Global Moderator
Jesus you Aussies are a pessimistic bunch. Making the Kiwis look optimistic here
Happens every time there's a partnership in a 4th innings against Aus. People claim it's because of Brisbane and Headingley but it long predates it on this place, it really frustrates me