• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

Spark

Global Moderator
This by the way is exactly way I was fine with the approach England took on the evening of day 2. Sitting around, going nowhere and either having a brain melt a la Green or waiting for a ball to come along that has your name on it is not a viable counter to this approach.
Yeah this is definitely rehabilitating England's approach to it. I don't mind waiting it out but you can't really score runs that way.

hazsa19

International Regular
Not sure how I feel about this. It’s weird. Hopefully Headingley is easier to play the short ball and we see more good length bowling.

CartyDurham

International Captain
If by luck we get the Aussies out before 350 lead , I think that would be a minor miracle considering

Didn’t think England would have any chance of a win here

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Can someone, not @Prince EWS , summarise the day’s play so far for me in 73 words or less.

I’ll be watching the rest and gracing you all with my presence.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bazball can't win with nerds in a way. If they deviate from all out aggression and self-memeing you lot go "this isn't very Bazball" and if they keep on trucking they'll cop it for being bone-headed. This has been hard to watch but these are pretty much textbook attritional tactics with a almost century long precedent.

hazsa19

International Regular
You can talk about Bazball all you want but the main reason we’re probably 2 down in this series is because of sloppiness with the ball and in the field.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
It’s weird how well Stokes knows when he’s overstepped. That’s not a big no ball but he didn’t even bother celebrating.

Spark

Global Moderator
Bazball can't win with nerds in a way. If they deviate from all out aggression and self-memeing you lot go "this isn't very Bazball" and if they keep on trucking they'll cop it for being bone-headed. This has been hard to watch but these are pretty much textbook attritional tactics with a almost century long precedent.
Haha I'll give you attritional but it's not textbook. This is very, very unusual.