• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

CartyDurham

International Captain
No Australia will bat for a day and a half and lead by 500 if possible. No way England can bat for 3.5 sessions to save a test
No way Australia lead by 500 either unless playing for a draw, not enough time left

let’s be sensible

Preed

U19 12th Man
Time for someone to sit Brook down and deflate his ego.He was brilliant to start with but under Bazbal has deteriated to laughable.That is the worst 50 1 have seen by a top5 batsman.We throw away wickets galore and still the arrogance of stokes insists we are right.Did anyone see Boycotts reaction in the stands when Brook got out

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I’m a fan of England. Those are his stats as it stands.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with that

shame you have to ignore it though

I am allowed to support the opposition and those stats are facts
Haha it's an in joke about another member and a very old running gag, didn't actually have anything to do with you at all other than that I needed to find someone supporting Brook to pull it off.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Time for someone to sit Brook down and deflate his ego.He was brilliant to start with but under Bazbal has deteriated to laughable.That is the worst 50 1 have seen by a top5 batsman.We throw away wickets galore and still the arrogance of stokes insists we are right.Did anyone see Boycotts reaction in the stands when Brook got out
His stats say otherwise though

he is a kid at the start of his career and will learn with experience

for such a terrible innings he still scored 50

give him time

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
nice Yorker

I miss the days of a slow ball Yorker. It seems to have gone out of the game

I think it was Franklin Stephenson who had a great one and Cairns of New Zealand got rid of Chris reed with a gem at lords
I was thinking last week that the slower ball is underused in tests in general, and just as I was thinking it Stokes got Khawaja with one. It's not like they tend to go for runs when they don't work and knowing it's a possibility might mess with the batsman's timing. Cummins has bowled a few good cutters here.

Croadymeister

U19 Cricketer
Yeah sickening we could fall for same thing 3 times yesterday. Unfortunately Bairstow isn't Stokes at Headingley in 2019 with tail

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was thinking last week that the slower ball is underused in tests in general, and just as I was thinking it Stokes got Khawaja with one. It's not like they tend to go for runs when they don't work and knowing it's a possibility might mess with the batsman's timing. Cummins has bowled a few good cutters here.
I think it’ll become a thing if more sides start playing very aggressively

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I’m definitely surprised it hasn’t been used to counter Bazball more often. ODI hack tactics for ODI hack batsmen.