• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fun morning but who bats 3 if Pope is crocked and who does it for rest of series. Good way to get Foakes back in if Pope is knackered.

Burgey

If Crawley wants to hit these through mid off then good luck to him tbf
He’s going to try anyway. Id rather a gap at cover and have him try to play with an open face.

Good first over though from Starc there though. Looks a bit sharper than the WTC final already

morgieb

Seriously though, that's a much better over than basically anything we saw of Starc at The Oval. No junk down the legside, for one thing.

TheJediBrah

He’s going to try anyway. Id rather a gap at cover and have him try to play with an open face.

Good first over though from Starc there though. Looks a bit sharper than the WTC final already
I had a brief career bowling off-spin, took a lot of wickets too. One of the reasons I don't rate it is a skill and think anyone can start doing it and be reasonably proficient with minimal effort, but I digress.

Anyway the point is that it's amazing how club batsmen will get themselves out if you leave cover open and just throw it up with a bit of spin on it outside off. And Zak Crawley is a club batsman