• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

Shady Slim

International Coach
in football we call it the theatric save
stocks rallying in shady slim pty ltd for this one

i remember a comment from washington capitals goaltender braden holtby who once said he hated when he made a highlight reel save and got a big heap of praise for it from the media, because the only reason you have to make a big lunge is because you're out of position to begin with.

obviously it's a bit different in ice hockey vs cricket because in ice hockey you're protecting the goal whereas to take a catch you've got to go to where ever the ball is, but i often think about that when i see a highlight reel catch behind the stumps or from the cordon