• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

Victor Ian

International Coach
I don't know that you can assume Cummins and Hazlewood will bowl the same way England's fellas did on this wicket.
UNTIL Australia dismantles bazball, I choose to believe that it is the future of test cricket. You can get bowled out in 80 overs because you are **** but still make 400 runs.

But yeah... this thread is moving at such a pace, that I haven't seen Morgieb be all negative so I am just making sure the pessimistic balance is here, just in case.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
"The UK papers are a picture of doom and gloom on Thursday after England suffered what’s been labelled as the “worst day of the Bazball era” against Australia at Lord’s"

And brutal on Robinson 😀

"This was among his most ineffectual performances, doing little to deflect his critics’ contention that he was a glorified medium-pace trundler"

Good to see @trundler the glorified one getting involved here.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
I was reading this and thought, what an optimistic chap, I might have a go at that.

England wont restrict Australia to 400.
England wont chase down Australia's first innings total against Cummins, Starc and Hazelwood on this wicket.
Australia will add to the their Ist innings total, send England into have a crack at it, bowl them out and...
...the test match will be over in 4 days.

Stokes will be rested for the 3rd test, at the moment he's a waste of space.
Yeah that all seems the more realistic chain of events. Victor giving baz way too much respect imo

slowfinger

International Debutant
"The UK papers are a picture of doom and gloom on Thursday after England suffered what’s been labelled as the “worst day of the Bazball era” against Australia at Lord’s"

And brutal on Robinson 😀

"This was among his most ineffectual performances, doing little to deflect his critics’ contention that he was a glorified medium-pace trundler"

I mean the Robinson-Philander comparisons are looking a little silly right now. Not sure what Philander would have done on the same flat deck though

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Robinson is obviously a skilled bowler BUT him basically rolling his arm over yesterday was not what his team needed at all

Hate to use this word but there was absolutely no intent in his bowling that I could see other than to float it up and hope that the pitch did the work for him

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How do they **** around like this so much? Seriously, it happens with ground staff all over the world. Like they want to be on tv

trundler

Looking at that Pope injury again, I'm reminded just how many things can go wrong at any moment in sport. These guys have rocks hurled at them for a living but anyone's really one slip away from cracking or dislocating something.

Uppercut

I mean the Robinson-Philander comparisons are looking a little silly right now. Not sure what Philander would have done on the same flat deck though
It's not a comparison I would have made but it's hardly looking silly given that he is still averaging less than Philander.