• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
My feed clearly behind a few here...that's a bloody awful shot isn't it.

We're right in this game all of a sudden

slowfinger

International Debutant
i'm about 2 minutes behind but that is a dreadful wicket. Again way to quick and flat. **** sometimes gets wickets however

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Probably the least threatening of all the front line seamers.

That's cool, but out of all the quicks he has been the least threatening. Tongue has bowled filth but als

India next? I think he is not essential for that tour tbf.
India won't be Jimmy's cup of tea, they'd be mad to take him there.

Michelle Fivefer

U19 Cricketer
Yes it was, in 2003 against SA. Willis may have done too in 1984, although he may have played in the 3rd test and then called it a day.
I hope this series isn't awful for Branderson, but things aren't looking good. As others have said, at least Jimmy's been economical today. But if they couldn't take advantage of conditions for the first session and a half, maybe anno domini has caught up with them.
I always assumed Anderson would have his farewell match at the Oval this year. . If his form isn’t good enough I’m not sure what would happen. Broad is younger, may be around a bit longer.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
@Spark cbf to go find the posts as thread moving quickly - I agree with you that you should want to bowl team's out when putting them in. I swear listening to TMS for an Ashes game in Oz one time the comms said you want them 7 down if you put them in. Would you agree with that for Oz conditions or think they're talking wham?

Spark

Global Moderator
@Spark cbf to go find the posts as thread moving quickly - I agree with you that you should want to bowl team's out when putting them in. I swear listening to TMS for an Ashes game in Oz one time the comms said you want them 7 down if you put them in. Would you agree with that for Oz conditions or think they're talking wham?
First I'd ask wtf you're doing putting them in in Aus conditions