• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
GIMH certainly does, alas today I was volunteering at a hospice in Cheshire, sponsored to do so by my employer. Didn't clock the test starting on Wednesday when arranging, doh. Otherwise I could have had iPad at desk all day. In the actual office tomorrow so won't see any then. Friday I'm driving to London for GNR so won't see much there either. It's a hard life/.
I have to get a haircut tomorrow

Croadymeister

U19 Cricketer
Definitely a very rattled side, England. Australia held their nerve when it mattered towards the end in the last test, England are losing theirs needlessly today. Might end up being the difference between the sides.
Yeah they are mentally tougher than us and as I feared the confidence taken from that win has put us absolutely miles behind the game

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
That's not ideal for us tbf. Don't want to be dangling any carrots in that case
Last I checked the forecast suggested we'd not lose as much play as people thought. So yeah you're probably right. At the same time Oz have surely got to be thinking about going BIG here. I know the tail isn't great (last game finish notwithstanding) but they can really put us to the sword here.

Spark

Global Moderator
Last I checked the forecast suggested we'd not lose as much play as people thought. So yeah you're probably right. At the same time Oz have surely got to be thinking about going BIG here. I know the tail isn't great (last game finish notwithstanding) but they can really put us to the sword here.
Yeah, have to have one eye on next week too - we're still early in the series, get miles into those legs.

Meanwhile Smith has had about ten goes at that shot in the last half hour before getting one right.

Niall

International Coach
Yes, two Tests below par means he should retire. That's how it works. 8-)
I think he is done though, I did say he still has time in this test but if he continues like this he needs to be dropped and his age that's probably it for test cricket.

AVA

State Vice-Captain
Are the KFC fries/chips as bad as I remember? I remember disliking them immensely and not heard anything positive about them in the last few tears.
They are usually heavily salted, but I think they go down a treat when in the right mood. Not having a drink on hand and it's a different story though.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Still you never know until both sides have batted but it’s pretty clear the Aussies have at least sealed the draw and should really be forcing the win from this position

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think he is done though, I did say he still has time in this test but if he continues like this he needs to be dropped and his age that's probably it for test cricket.
Going under 2 and over when everyone else has been belted.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
This is all a bit ****, isn't it. Apart from anything, it reinforces was some of us were saying that we couldn't afford the throw away the first test as the Aus middle order was always likely to improve, whereas our top order isn't. Their bowlers will probably improve too, so we may just be in a bit of trouble here. Given the relative strength of the sides (I reckon that given where the players are in their careers, a composite side would probably have 8 Australians), this really shows that you can't afford to throw away test matches like we did at Edgbaston. I gather there were another couple of dropped catches early on, which is never great. I also gather that conditions were supposed to be in the bowlers' favour for much of the day, not that you'd know from the scorecard. In other words, a good old-fashioned Lord's ****-show just like we remember them from years ago.