• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
We just haven't been good enough with the ball or in the field. Not enough balls in the right areas, too many no balls and when we have found the edge, we've grounded the catch.

Only plus point was Tongue.

Christ on a bike, I'm agreeing with KP - shows how bad things are.

Spark

Global Moderator
Got through the tough period, the pitch looks flat now. 350-3 at close looks on the cards.....although obviously they'd declare with 20 mins to go!!
In all seriousness in that case I honestly hope they just bat and bat and bat and bat. Don't even think about declaring until the light is fading tomorrow. There's another Test starting in just over a week and when you get an opportunity to grind the opposition bowlers into the ground you take it. We've a looooong way from that though.

CartyDurham

International Captain
We just haven't been good enough with the ball or in the field. Not enough balls in the right areas, too many no balls and when we have found the edge, we've grounded the catch.

Only plus point was Tongue.
The umpires have tried to help but they’ve been found wanting twice as well

Australia have a big chance now to score 450 plus in their first innings

Socerer 01

International Captain
In all seriousness in that case I honestly hope they just bat and bat and bat and bat. Don't even think about declaring until the light is fading tomorrow. There's another Test starting in just over a week and when you get an opportunity to grind the opposition bowlers into the ground you take it. We've a looooong way from that though.
last thing they will do is declare

Molehill

International Captain
Not entirely sure how many of these bowlers will be at Leeds. Wood, Woakes, Potts and Moeen might be a better combo.

But totally agree, if you get the chance to make 600, you go for it.

Spark

Global Moderator
Not entirely sure how many of these bowlers will be at Leeds. Wood, Woakes, Potts and Moeen might be a better combo.

But totally agree, if you get the chance to make 600, you go for it.
Yeah that's a fair point, but honestly putting miles into the legs of the batsmen is a thing too. Warner and Labuschagne basically broke KW mentally for one series simply by batting forever and making NZ stew in the field.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Could be worse - in that Test as Brisbane Aus were 1/330 at one point!
Yeah it's not quite as bad as a Warner double ton on day one but given the conditions and how h4x England's seamers typically are in them, this is as embarrassing an outing as I can recall. England should be in a way better position even with their second choice attack here.