• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To be fair, the caught behind one had a sound which we could all hear. Not surprised he gave that one, but that lbw was daft.
Watching it live, and I said at the time, it looker like a gap between bat and ball for me.

Seems more and more often umpires are getting things wrong that I, and others, are getting right more often from just watching on tv.

Either there's some serious confirmation bias going on, the tv view is better than the umpire's view, or the umpires are bad. And I'm pretty sure it's not the first one

Spark

Global Moderator
Watching it live, and I said at the time, it looker like a gap between bat and ball for me.

Seems more and more often umpires are getting things wrong that I, and others, are getting right more often from just watching on tv.

Either there's some serious confirmation bias going on, the tv view is better than the umpire's view, or the umpires are bad. And I'm pretty sure it's not the first one
I don't blame umpires by getting bamboozled by loud nicks tbf, batsmen have been given for 120 years based on nothing more than that

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Never seen a bowling attack rattled like this. No answers for Smith's ***y drive. God I hope he busts out that exaggerated off drive soon

Molehill

International Captain

I think if he hadn't given the first one, England would've reviewed. If you hear a sound you normally go with it. I very much doubt England would've reviewed the lbw though.

I personally think the standard of umpiring isn't that great.