• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

Spark

Global Moderator
Once a batsmen passes 5 runs there average score is their career average from memory. All of them had passed 5 and where "set" as far as i'de define it. Smith had seen a few and smashed a hook, marnus had got 3 easy boundaries of moeen, head had got a few away after starting slowly.
None of them looked right though. Smith had gotten in a total mess a few balls earlier and Marnus had already played and missed a few. Head meanwhile did not look good today at all.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
This is going to be some pretty high adrenaline stuff if Carey sticks with the reverse sweep as his primary scoring shot under this pressure.

slowfinger

International Debutant
hot take but I think this is Stokes' worst game as England captain so far and there's no way he lets this team make this many mistakes in the upcoming games.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Even if usman gets himself out playing the worst shot of all time next ball, massive credit has to go to him. This has been a monumental effort from him so far. Faced 500+ balls across the two innings and pretty much singlehandedly dragged us towards a chance at winning this test. Not as good as smith's effort's here in 2019 unless he wins it for us though.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Cummins, Lyon and Hazlewood left

I feel it’s all on Khawaja, Carey and cummins to see Australia over the line now ?

Spark

Global Moderator
Even if usman gets himself out playing the worst shot of all time next ball, massive credit has to go to him. This has been a monumental effort from him so far. Faced 500+ balls across the two innings and pretty much singlehandedly dragged us towards a chance at winning this test. Not as good as smith's effort's here in 2019 unless he wins it for us though.
Smith's effort in 2019 across the two innings is honestly probably the best single individual performance from an Australian batsman in my memory. No shame in being second to that.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Lot of pressure on Carey now, as they need a big partnership with these 2. Cummins doesn't have it to make up a partnership getting the majority of even 50-60 runs required, so he has to bat well.

This is Test cricket.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
hot take but I think this is Stokes' worst game as England captain so far and there's no way he lets this team make this many mistakes in the upcoming games.
The follow on in NZ was definitely worse. I think I defended it when he first made the call, but enforcing the follow on just after southee had made batting look as easy as it gets while in t20 mode should have told him you want to bat now. Don't think stokes has done a ton wrong here in general, not his fault bairstow has kept poorly.