• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
I don't know if it's because I'm English but this game seems slightly bigger for us to win than the Aussies.

For a start, we need to win the series to regain the Ashes, a drawn series is better for the Aussies. If we go 1 down, there's alot for us to do to win the Urn back.

Also we've missed more opportunities, we really should be in a stronger position. And then there's the declaration.

Finally, we've got Smith and Labuschagne out cheaply twice and if we can't win today, it going to get harder when they inevitably score big runs.

I'm not saying it's not important to the Aussies, it obviously is, but for us, you feel if we're to win the Ashes back, we really need to get the job done today.

If the Aussies lose then they can still very much still take the Ashes back home with them.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Bugger me, Malcolm Conn is on TMS. What a negative ante English knob he is.

Moaning about the pitch, Stokes shouldn't be in the side, county cricket is crap, having a go at Joe Root.

Some points are fair enough but not 1 positive thing to say

Molehill

International Captain
Sun out too, damp outfield. Good signs
If the weather continues to match what's happened further South, the sun never appeared for long and it's remained decent bowling conditions all day.

And now we're back at the ground it looks cloudy.....good signs.