• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

Howe_zat

Audio File
It's stopped raining in Solihull. Almost certainly a delayed start but I'm hopeful for them to get on before lunch.

Molehill

International Captain
It's stopped raining in Solihull. Almost certainly a delayed start but I'm hopeful for them to get on before lunch.
The sooner they can get on the better. It's remained humid and cloudy further South once the storm passed, it really is perfect bowling conditions (probably like that 20 mins on Sunday).

halba

International 12th Man
Pietersen isn't a pom really is he
Yes a SAffa-Pom. yes hes a pom- represented ENG never SAF

Rain will likely see a delayed start- i reckon around 1230PM-1PM start- factoring in getting the ground dry etc. That leaves around 4-5 hours to force a result not including breaks.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
What's the deal with Cameron Greens lack of overs in this test.

Presumably he's not injured, is it about workload management or simply Cummins preferred other options?

halba

International 12th Man
What's the deal with Cameron Greens lack of overs in this test.

Presumably he's not injured, is it about workload management or simply Cummins preferred other options?
Hes not suited to the conditions, the ball, pitch, everything. He was slogged out of the attack here.

He's only really suited to down under conditions- The kookaburra ball where he gets a bit of nibble off the seam

Molehill

International Captain
Yes a SAffa-Pom. yes hes a pom- represented ENG never SAF

Rain will likely see a delayed start- i reckon around 1230PM-1PM start- factoring in getting the ground dry etc. That leaves around 4-5 hours to force a result not including breaks.
Remember there's an extra hour available at the end plus the half hour they were playing anyway. I believe they could actually play (if light held) until 8pm tonight (or longer if the final 15 overs needed to be bowled).

The_CricketUmpire

U19 Captain
Apparently it's bucketing down with rain at Royal Ascot - day 1 of the prestigious 5 day carnival starts today. Probably means day 5 of this Test match might get a bit of rain too.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hes not suited to the conditions, the ball, pitch, everything. He was slogged out of the attack here.

He's only really suited to down under conditions- The kookaburra ball where he gets a bit of nibble off the seam
Kookaburra doesn’t have a seam