• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Unless it's very overcast they should, yeah. By about 5 wickets. Four at worst
Nah you're wrong here. We can do better.

It'd be much better to win by 1-3 wickets so sensible people in the English press (both of them) fling **** at Stokes for the declaration which, at that point, would have clearly cost them the game.

Molehill

International Captain
Nah you're wrong here. We can do better.

It'd be much better to win by 1-3 wickets so sensible people in the English press (both of them) fling **** at Stokes for the declaration which, at that point, would have clearly cost them the game.
If it was Robinson and Broad batting then the declaration would've been fair enough, but we just gave away Root's wicket for free. And it was Root on 118 and seeing it like a football, I have no doubt he'd have manoeuvred the field around and added another 40 or so.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If it was Robinson and Broad batting then the declaration would've been fair enough, but we just gave away Root's wicket for free. And it was Root on 118 and seeing it like a football, I have no doubt he'd have manoeuvred the field around and added another 40 or so.
Yeah I still would have disagreed with the declaration at that point but I wouldn't have thought it was totally Satanic.

Which it absolutely was.

I'd probably support a permanent ban for Stokes* at this point.

*And his children.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
That’s ok for you, you head off to work for a lot of the day and aren’t getting 90 second updates on a match you’re already watching live.
It continued into the football threads after the cricket finished as well. There was truly no let-up. Not helped by the fact that the score in the football last night was basically a cricket score also.

Socerer 01

International Captain
That’s ok for you, you head off to work for a lot of the day and aren’t getting 90 second updates on a match you’re already watching live.
there’s a better site for updates on a match too, idk why people use that as an excuse to allow junk posting from certain users

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I've said it before, but somehow the most inane and obvious observations are so much more annoying when they are said by him rather than other comms.

"Bairstow has done well to get the runs he has so far, but it would be better if he got even more"

**** off ****

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
He's also got that horrible social-like tendency to start talking about famous people he's had dinner with.