• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Young people can recover very fast. BCCI surprise that Pant already starts Swimming/ playing Table tennis & taking lession of slow driving he desire to play in upcoming wC

This is a terrible comparison. Not only because Pant actually isn't recovering very fast, but because having a one-off accident is totally different to having a career of fast bowling injuries.

The cricket world should consider itself lucky if Archer can put a full season of T20 games together. There's about as much chance of me playing a Test from here as him.

Last edited:

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
This is a terrible comparison. Not only because Pant actually isn't recovering very fast, but because having a one-off accident is totally different to have a career of fast bowling injuries.

The cricket world should consider itself lucky if Archer can put a full season of T20 games together. There's about as much as much chance of me playing a Test from here as him.
He ( Archer)should play only test match.

Anderson only wants some test of Ashes till he reaches all milestone ( Amir ask same to pakistan but PCB dropped him)

England not Aggre what Anderson demands.

PlayerAge on final day of test career
Wilfred Rhodes52 years 165 days
Bert Ironmonger50 years 327 days
WG Grace50 years 320 days
George Gunn50 years 303 days
James Southerton49 years 139 daysl
Miran Bakhsh known as Bux
47 year/ 302 days. He was off spinner

I wish Ashwin & Lyon hang Around long enough

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Smith is a reasonable tactician, he's just a really terrible leader of men. Perfect 2IC in any setting IMO.

Head is by far the best captain in the side and I think CA have known this for a while but his place wasn't cemented. It is now though. It'll be interesting how it plays out.

Cummins being "successful" may block what should obviously be the structure for the team going forward.
Depends if you're holding him accountable for all these bizarre decisions being made in both India & England

I know Australia are spooked by ****ball but its been atrocious

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Will there be an Acknowledgment of Country at his resignation presser?
He should make a statement addressed at his detractors - those of the bleeding anuses because he believes in climate change.

It could be called an 'Acknowledgement of ****ry'.

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm still annoyed at Marnus's shot last night. If he just leaves everything wide of off stump and goes into stumps 15(40) or something like that then Aus are in an exceptionally strong position, but instead he's fishing at balls that wouldn't hit a second set when his entire game is built around good judgement of where his off stump is.