• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Had to chuckle at Aaron Finch, Mark Taylor and others pre-Oz chase saying David Warner was the key batsman for Oz.

I would the guy starting with him at the other end who scored a ton this game and a zillion more runs in the past 18 months than Warner would be more pivotal, but I guess old habits die hard.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Warner batted well

Our field placements & bowling tactics to the tail were diabolical
Yeah it really wasn't great. Green being so underused this game has me a bit puzzled aswell. I read somewhere that he's got the second most average swing behind Cummins this game (don't know if this was just for yesterday or the whole test), got his Yorkers spot on to the tail in the first dig and in the one two over spell he got in the second innings nearly dismissed both Brook and root.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Had to chuckle at Aaron Finch, Mark Taylor and others pre-Oz chase saying David Warner was the key batsman for Oz.

I would the guy starting with him at the other end who scored a ton this game and a zillion more runs in the past 18 months than Warner would be more pivotal, but I guess old habits die hard.
Weren't they saying that in the context of him getting the chase off to a bit of a rapid start? My network for whatever reason was in and out last night so our tv kept freezing up and I ended up pulling the pin before Aus started batting, but I thought I heard something to that effect while Robinson and Broad were still batting. Certianly agree with you in principle though. Basically got to the point now where Warner making double figures these days is a pleasant surprise, such has been his decline.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Weren't they saying that in the context of him getting the chase off to a bit of a rapid start?
Still dumb and spazball-aligned though, if so.

Having someone get off to a rapid start here is much less important than having someone who will actually make the runs.

It reminds me of when people used to say this about Sehwag even though he averaged about 25 in the second dig.

To be fair it might just be canned media hype to get people to keep watching, but still.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
:laugh: Don’t we all ? Top seamer bowler of all time FACT
It's a fact that he took the most wickets. "Top" is obviously subjective given the countless other metrics you could use to measure that, though.

Posts like this bait people into pointing out that he wasn't the best seam bowler of all time, to which you will reply with something like "HAHAHAHA FACT MOST WICKETS!!!" and so on.

And don't get me wong, I've been well-known as one of the biggest Jimmeh fans on the forum for decades (got nothing on @dontcloseyoureyes tbf). But bad posting is bad.