• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

CartyDurham

International Captain
Another close loss, after that ridiculous 1st innings declaration, is nothing if not bottling it.

I'll give you that. But England don't deserve it, and won't win. And calling that shot is equally sweet.
England don’t deserve it. Behave man, if they win of course they will

as will the case be if Australia win

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Another close loss, after that ridiculous 1st innings declaration, is nothing if not bottling it.

I'll give you that. But England don't deserve it, and won't win. And calling that shot is equally sweet.
Absolutely bollocks mate - what's the declaration got to do with bottle.

Before this series, most of the Aussies on here were giving it the Billy Big Bollocks.

It was all you'll produce green seamers to compete. If you produce roads you'll get hammered. You won't smack this great Aussie attack all over the park. You old bowlers won't trouble our batting line up.

Well guess what - we produced a road and we've matched you step for step.

We've played all the attacking cricket whilst you've set ODI fields - you've been on the back foot from ball 1.

Even with a spinner who hasn't played a test in years and now can barely bowl. Even with our all rounder who is struggling to bowl. Even without our number 1 strike bowler out of the series. Even without our number 1 spinner out of the series. Even with our keeper having a mare.

Even with all that in your favour, we go in to the last day as favourites.

So if anyone is choking mate, it's The Aussies.

Oh and by the way can you tell Laubushagne and Co to be out caught, the ball can't hit the ground.

Twice today, you tried to claim catches that had hit the floor.

Same old Aussies, always ****ing cheating.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Absolutely bollocks mate - what's the declaration got to do with bottle.

Before this series, most of the Aussies on here were giving it the Billy Big Bollocks.

It was all you'll produce green seamers to compete. If you produce roads you'll get hammered. You won't smack this great Aussie attack all over the park. You old bowlers won't trouble our batting line up.

Well guess what - we produced a road and we've matched you step for step.

We've played all the attacking cricket whilst you've set ODI fields - you've been on the back foot from ball 1.

Even with a spinner who hasn't played a test in years and now can barely bowl. Even with our all rounder who is struggling to bowl. Even without our number 1 strike bowler out of the series. Even without our number 1 spinner out of the series. Even with our keeper having a mare.

Even with all that in your favour, we go in to the last day as favourites.

So if anyone is choking mate, it's The Aussies.

Oh and by the way can you tell Laubushagne and Co to be out caught, the ball can't hit the ground.

Twice today, you tried to claim catches that had hit the floor.

Same old Aussies, always ****ing cheating.
I bet you feel a bit better after getting that out of your chest

it’s reality though and I applaud this above post

CartyDurham

International Captain
Australia have been a bit behind the whole test. It would be a hell of a result if they got in front, but I can't see that happening.
It’s a bit strange as I’m England and feel it’s Australia’s to lose but I think you are Australia and think the opposite

I think it means we have a brilliant match

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Australia have been a bit behind the whole test. It would be a hell of a result if they got in front, but I can't see that happening.
The bookies over here have us as marginal favourites and I think that's probably about right.

But all it takes is one good Aussie partnership - and you'll be in the driving seat.

It'll ebb and flow tomorrow. Everytime you get a partnership going, we'll get worried. Everytime we get a wicket, it'll swing back in our favour a bit.

As ever in England, the weather will be key. If its an overcast day, then I think we'll win. But if it clears, then you have every chance as its still a good pitch and we're down on a bowler as its hard to see Moeen bowling much.

The bottom line is, it could go either way.

CartyDurham

International Captain
I’m off to bed dreaming of a last over finish and a

broad, hazlewood, bairstow , Erasmus commentary

and England win by five runs

Croadymeister

U19 Cricketer
I have been thinking about it and wonder if England weren't ready for that missed slip catch. Felt a little bit like De Gea not being set for that Gundogan shot after 13 seconds.

Shady Slim

International Coach
robinson’s known as someone who can have a biff and the broad can bat thing hasn’t been a thing for a long time - but tell you what, those runs from the tail are going to be absolutely crucial if the poms get up here, especially given how often the top order bats threw away starts and especially so in the second dig