• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
This is a good start and a great 4th inings score to chase.

I had it as Aus favorites upto 250 and England favorites 280 and above. This is just on the threshold of the Eng favorites side for me. Hope there is enough good weather tomorrow to have a full game and a non-draw result.

CartyDurham

International Captain
this opening spell is showing aging of Anderson and Broad

anaemic but the Aussies have also played some real quality shots

god knows what the score is though

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is where you need guys like Wood.
I think it was last summer when I pulled together the averages of all of the bowlers in England over the past 30 years. I forget the qualifying conditions I used but I remember that Wood was 2nd worst after Mohammad Sami. I don’t think any English bowler came close.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Given that Moeen's currently posing the biggest threat despite his injured hand, Root must be worth a go at the other end. Unless Stokes is actually fit enough to bowl, but it's not looking that way. Robinson's totally ineffective here.

EDIT
I do like it when that happens.

CartyDurham

International Captain
What can you say , it's just been a very professional opening partnership , no frills , no fuss , just two experienced pros playing ball by ball .
Spot on

it’s allowed and they have really blunted the crowd and the attack

if I knew the score I would say it would be a real choke if Australia don’t win

as I don’t know the score then I won’t say that

kevinw

International 12th Man
I think it was last summer when I pulled together the averages of all of the bowlers in England over the past 30 years. I forget the qualifying conditions I used but I remember that Wood was 2nd worst after Mohammad Sami. I don’t think any English bowler came close.
Wood is far better away from home than in England but he would at least offer a point of difference.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, the idea of Wood in England is generally a lot better than the reality.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Well stokes didn't want draws the rains the only thing that can stop him from getting defeat.

Glad I'll be driving tomorrow afternoon. Not sure I'll listen to TMS.

If there not already 200-0 by lunch tomorrow.