• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
every run here is valuable but that is alien to England fans who think the first innings declaration was genius
Do we? I thought it was ****ing stupid.

Yet this bowling at Robbo is great, he should carry on giving the Oz batsmen a send-off.

CartyDurham

International Captain
I hate seeing tail ends stands when it’s against my team

but when it’s fit’s absolutely hilarious this period

259 the lead

Haway my Bonny lads keep it going

RightArmMystery

U19 Vice-Captain
After suffering through England bowling the same turgid rubbish at the tail for years, quite nice to see the shoe on the other foot. Really is infuriating to watch when it so obviously isn't working.

CartyDurham

International Captain
After suffering through England bowling the same turgid rubbish at the tail for years, quite nice to see the shoe on the other foot. Really is infuriating to watch when it so obviously isn't working.
It’s great when it’s for your team though

this lead is starting to get dangerous now

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Speaking of big chases in Ashes contests when Australia almost chased down 311 in 2013 Ashes they had (in stark contrast to this match) one of their best ever batting tail:

- Starc
- Siddle
- Pattinson
- Agar

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We're one of the worst offenders too. It's not even that we bowl short stuff, we'll only bowl short stuff and it becomes extremely predictable.
And it’s been going on for 3 years and virtually never works